on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Alcala family come from? What is the Spanish Alcala family crest and coat of arms? When did the Alcala family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Alcala family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Alcala, Alcalos, Alcale, Alcalan, Alcal, Alcalla, Alcalazza and many more.
First found in Aragon an ancient Kingdom of Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Alcala research. Another 336 words(24 lines of text) covering the years 1558 and 1574 are included under the topic Early Alcala History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Alcala Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Francisco De Alcala and Anton De Alcala emigrated from Spain to America in the 1510's
- Andres and Ana De Alcala left Spain for New Granada in 1582 and 1578
- Bernabe and Alonso De Alcala both were headed to Peru in 1594
Alcala Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Francisco De Alcala, who arrived in America in 1811
- Anton De Alcala, who arrived in America in 1813
- Gaspar De Alcala, who landed in Dominican Republic in 1884
Alcala Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Juan Alcala was naturalized in Texas in 1910
- Carmen Alcala was naturalized in 1922
- Joshua Vincent "Josh" Alcala (b. 1984), American soccer player
- Félix Enríquez Alcala (b. 1951), American television and movie director, cinematographer and producer
- Raúl Alcalá (b. 1964), American professional road racing cyclist
- Kathleen Alcala (b. 1954), American author
- Pedro Alcala (b. 1989), Spanish footballer
- Alfredo P. Alcala (1925-2000), Filipino comic book artist
- Lauro Zarate Alcala (1926-2002), well-known editorial cartoonist and illustrator in the Philippines
- Santo Anibal Alcala (b. 1952), former Dominican Major League Baseball starting pitcher
- Blanca Alcala, Mexican politician
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
The Alcala Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Alcala Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 25 July 2013 at 13:54.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more