on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Alcala was first found in Aragon
an ancient Kingdom of Spain.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Alcala, Alcalos, Alcale, Alcalan, Alcal, Alcalla, Alcalazza and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Alcala research. Another 336 words (24 lines of text) covering the years 1558 and 1574 are included under the topic Early Alcala History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Alcala Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Francisco De Alcala and Anton De Alcala emigrated from Spain to America in the 1510's
- Andres and Ana De Alcala left Spain for New Granada in 1582 and 1578
- Bernabe and Alonso De Alcala both were headed to Peru in 1594
Alcala Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Francisco De Alcala, who arrived in America in 1811
- Anton De Alcala, who arrived in America in 1813
- Gaspar De Alcala, who landed in Dominican Republic in 1884
Alcala Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Juan Alcala was naturalized in Texas in 1910
- Carmen Alcala was naturalized in 1922
- Kathleen Alcala (b. 1954), American author
- Raúl Alcalá (b. 1964), American professional road racing cyclist
- Félix Enríquez Alcala (b. 1951), American television and movie director, cinematographer and producer
- Joshua Vincent "Josh" Alcala (b. 1984), American soccer player
- Elsa Alcala, American Republican politician, Judge of Texas Court of Criminal Appeals; Elected 2012
- Dora Alcalá, American Republican politician, Candidate in primary for Texas State House of Representatives 74th District, 2012
- Al Alcala, American politician, Mayor of Watsonville, California, 1996-97
- Pedro Alcala (b. 1989), Spanish footballer
- Blanca Alcala, Mexican politician
- Santo Anibal Alcala (b. 1952), former Dominican Major League Baseball starting pitcher
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
The Alcala Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Alcala Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 26 October 2015 at 10:26.
on orders of $85 or more