on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Zepeda family come from? What is the Spanish Zepeda family crest and coat of arms? When did the Zepeda family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Zepeda family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Cepeda, Cepede, Ceppeda, Ceppede, Cepedas, Cepedes Cepedaz, Cepedda, Cepedde, Cepedons and many more.
First found in Aragon an ancient Kingdom of Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Zepeda research. Another 135 words(10 lines of text) covering the years 1271, 1532 and 1602 are included under the topic Early Zepeda History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 33 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Zepeda Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Zepeda Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Enrique Zepeda, aged 22, who landed in America from Mexico City, Mexico, in 1913
- Gertrudis Zepeda, aged 25, who settled in America from Mexico, Mexico, in 1914
- Gustavo Zepeda, aged 23, who emigrated to the United States from Colina, Mexico, in 1916
- Leonardo Zepeda, aged 38, who settled in America from Vera Cruz, Mexico, in 1916
- Melito Zepeda, aged 23, who emigrated to America, in 1917
- Gwendolyn Zepeda (b. 1971), American author
- Óscar Zepeda, Honduran football player
- David Zepeda (b. 1974), Mexican actor and singer
- Lorenzo Zepeda, President of El Salvador (1858)
- Felix Zepeda, Mexican Paralympian bronze medalist athlete at the 2008 Beijing Olympics
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
The Zepeda Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Zepeda Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 24 November 2014 at 19:46.
on orders of $85 or more