on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: English
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Wagoner Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Peter Wagoner, who arrived in Maryland in 1702-1703
- Sebastian Wagoner, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1743
- Elias Wagoner, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1743
- William Wagoner, aged 42, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1748
- Johans Wagoner, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1753
Wagoner Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Yorick Wagoner, aged 28, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1804
- Jacob Wagoner, aged 25, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1804
- John Wagoner, who arrived in Texas in 1850-1906
- Henry Wagoner, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1851
- Christopher Wagoner, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1854
Wagoner Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Otto Wagoner, who landed in Arkansas in 1906
- Winfred E. Wagoner (1888-1948), American educator
- Murray Van Wagoner (1898-1986), American politician, 38th Governor of Michigan from 1941 to 1942
- Mark Wagoner (b. 1971), American politician, formerly in the Ohio House of Representatives
- Kenneth S. Wagoner (1911-1998), American professor and skin scientist
- George Richard "Rick" Wagoner Jr. (b. 1953), American businessman, former General Motors chief executive officer
- Porter Wagoner (1927-2007), American country music singer, member of the Country Music Hall of Fame
- David Wagoner (b. 1926), American poet, nominee for two National Book Awards
- James Van Wagoner, American Democrat politician, Candidate for Michigan State House of Representatives from Saginaw County 1st District, 1950
- Garret Van Wagoner, American politician, Member of New Jersey State House of Assembly from Passaic County, 1865-66
- C. S. Van Wagoner, American politician, Member of New Jersey State House of Assembly from Passaic County, 1849-50
- The Descendants of Michael Wagoner, ca. 1774-1826 by Margaret M. Wagner.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Ingram, Rev. James. Translator Anglo-Saxon Chronicle 1823. Print.
- Hitching, F.K and S. Hitching. References to English Surnames in 1601-1602. Walton On Thames: 1910. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0181-3).
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
The Wagoner Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Wagoner Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 March 2015 at 14:24.
on orders of $85 or more