on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: English
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Wagoner Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Peter Wagoner, who arrived in Maryland in 1702-1703
- Sebastian Wagoner, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1743
- Elias Wagoner, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1743
- William Wagoner, aged 42, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1748
- Johans Wagoner, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1753
Wagoner Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Yorick Wagoner, aged 28, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1804
- Jacob Wagoner, aged 25, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1804
- John Wagoner, who arrived in Texas in 1850-1906
- Henry Wagoner, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1851
- Christopher Wagoner, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1854
Wagoner Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Otto Wagoner, who landed in Arkansas in 1906
- Winfred E. Wagoner (1888-1948), American educator
- Murray Van Wagoner (1898-1986), American politician, 38th Governor of Michigan from 1941 to 1942
- Mark Wagoner (b. 1971), American politician, formerly in the Ohio House of Representatives
- Kenneth S. Wagoner (1911-1998), American professor and skin scientist
- George Richard "Rick" Wagoner Jr. (b. 1953), American businessman, former General Motors chief executive officer
- Porter Wagoner (1927-2007), American country music singer, member of the Country Music Hall of Fame
- David Wagoner (b. 1926), American poet, nominee for two National Book Awards
- James Van Wagoner, American Democrat politician, Candidate for Michigan State House of Representatives from Saginaw County 1st District, 1950
- Garret Van Wagoner, American politician, Member of New Jersey State House of Assembly from Passaic County, 1865-66
- C. S. Van Wagoner, American politician, Member of New Jersey State House of Assembly from Passaic County, 1849-50
- The Descendants of Michael Wagoner, ca. 1774-1826 by Margaret M. Wagner.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Ingram, Rev. James. Translator Anglo-Saxon Chronicle 1823. Print.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
The Wagoner Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Wagoner Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 March 2015 at 14:24.
on orders of $85 or more