on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: English, German, Jewish
Where did the Jewish Wagoner family come from? What is the Jewish Wagoner family crest and coat of arms? When did the Wagoner family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Wagoner family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Wagoner Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Peter Wagoner, who arrived in Maryland in 1702-1703
- Sebastian Wagoner, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1743
- Elias Wagoner, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1743
- William Wagoner, aged 42, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1748
- Johans Wagoner, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1753
Wagoner Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Yorick Wagoner, aged 28, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1804
- Jacob Wagoner, aged 25, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1804
- John Wagoner, who arrived in Texas in 1850-1906
- Henry Wagoner, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1851
- Christopher Wagoner, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1854
Wagoner Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Otto Wagoner, who landed in Arkansas in 1906
- Dan Wagoner (b. 1932), American modern dancer
- David Wagoner (b. 1926), American poet, nominee for two National Book Awards
- Porter Wagoner (1927-2007), American country music singer, member of the Country Music Hall of Fame
- George Richard "Rick" Wagoner Jr. (b. 1953), American businessman, former General Motors chief executive officer
- Kenneth S. Wagoner (1911-1998), American professor and skin scientist
- Mark Wagoner (b. 1971), American politician, formerly in the Ohio House of Representatives
- Murray Van Wagoner (1898-1986), American politician, 38th Governor of Michigan from 1941 to 1942
- Winfred E. Wagoner (1888-1948), American educator
- The Descendants of Michael Wagoner, ca. 1774-1826 by Margaret M. Wagner.
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
The Wagoner Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Wagoner Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 March 2015 at 14:24.
on orders of $85 or more