on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the Spanish Villanueva family come from? What is the Spanish Villanueva family crest and coat of arms? When did the Villanueva family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Villanueva family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Villinueva, Vilanova, Villanova, Villanave and others.
First found in Catalonia, in northeastern Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Villanueva research. Another 411 words (29 lines of text) covering the year 1469 is included under the topic Early Villanueva History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Villanueva Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Hernando De Villanueva, who arrived in America in 1511
- Balthasar Villanueva, who came to Nicaragua in 1534
Villanueva Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Hernando De Villanueva, who landed in America in 1811
- Juan De Villanueva, who landed in America in 1813
- Alonso De Villanueva, who arrived in America in 1813
- Baltasar De Villanueva, who arrived in Nicaragua in 1834
- Diego De Villanueva, who landed in Cartagena in 1834
- Dr. Francisco Márquez Villanueva, American university professor; connected to the family on his mother's side is Nobel Prize winning Colombian author Gabriel García Márquez
- Ron A. Villanueva, American Republican politician, Member of Virginia State House of Delegates 21st District; Elected 2011
- H. Villanueva, American politician, U.S. Consular Agent in Corcubión, 1884
- Gloria G. Villanueva, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Wisconsin, 2008
- Marianne Villanueva, Filipino-American short story writer
- Armando Villanueva (b. 1915), Peruvian politician
- James Villanueva, professor of English from Singapore
- José Villanueva, Filipino Olympic Games medal winner in boxing (1932)
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
The Villanueva Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Villanueva Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 28 October 2015 at 10:25.
on orders of $85 or more