on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: English, French
Where did the French Tull family come from? What is the French Tull family crest and coat of arms? When did the Tull family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Tull family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tulle, Tulles, Tullia, Tull, Tules, Tuilles, Tuiles, Villefranche, Les Tulles, Le Tull, De Tulles, De Tulle, de Tulles and many more.
First found in Dauphiny (French: Dauphiné or Dauphiné Viennois), a former province in southeastern France, where this eminent family held a family seat since ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tull research. Another 378 words(27 lines of text) covering the years 1187, 1382, 1429, 1453, 1528, 1607, 1631, 1647, 1650, 1658, and 1705 are included under the topic Early Tull History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 28 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Tull Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tull Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Rich Tull, who arrived in Virginia in 1664
- Richard Tull, who landed in Maryland in 1672
- Thomas Tull, who arrived in Maryland in 1672
- John Tull settled in Barbados in 1679
- Pieter Pieterse Tull settled in New York State in 1687
Tull Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Christopher Tull, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1765
Tull Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Mr. Tull, who arrived in Mobile, Ala in 1821
- Johann Martin Tull, aged 12, settled in Baltimore in 1840 with his father Johann Tull, aged 47 and Margaretha Tull, aged 50
- M Tull, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1851
Tull Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Charles Tull arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Blundell" in 1851
- Fisher Aubrey Tull Jr., (1934-1994), American composer, arranger, educator, administrator, and trumpeter
- Walter Daniel John Tull (1888-1918), English professional footballer
- Patrick Tull (1941-2006), British stage, film and television actor
- Wilfred Oliver "Coach" Tull (1916-2003), Trinidad and Tobago-born track and field athlete at the 1948 Summer Olympics
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Conrad, Glenn R. The First Families of Louisiana. Baton Rouge LA: Claitor's Publishing, 1970. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore. Print.
The Tull Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Tull Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 June 2013 at 20:00.
on orders of $85 or more