Tomaselli Surname History
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Tomaselli family
The surname Tomaselli was first found in Naples, (Italian: Napoli, Latin: Neapolis) former capital of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies in southern Italy; it is the chief city of the province of Naples. It shares with Instanbul the claim to be the most beautiful city in Europe. Naples has 237 Churches and 57 Chapels. The National Museum and other galleries contain riches in art and artifacts. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Important Dates for the Tomaselli family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tomaselli research. Another 103 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1410 and 1810 are included under the topic Early Tomaselli History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Tomaselli Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tommasi, Tomasi, Tomci, Tomassi, Tommassi, Tomaz, Tomas, Toma, Tomati, Tomatis, Tomadi, Tomado, Tomasich, Tomassich, Tommaselli, Tommasella, Tommasello, Tommasetti, Tommasini, Tommasuzzi, Tommasoni, Tomasino, Tomasin, Tomassini, Tomasicchio, Tomasuzzi, Tomasoni, Tomassoni, Tomasutti, Tomadini, Tomadin, Tomadoni, Tomaelli, Tomaello, Tomaella, Tomaini, Tomaino and many more.
Early Notables of the Tomaselli family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Tomaselli Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Tomaselli migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Tomaselli Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Tomaselli Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Benianino Tomaselli, aged 18, who arrived in America from Arpino, in 1903
- Adele Tomaselli, aged 34, who arrived in America from Naples, in 1904
- Anna Tomaselli, aged 49, who arrived in America from Catania, Catania, Italy, in 1907
- Antonio Tomaselli, aged 23, who arrived in America from Pedara, Italy, in 1907
- Amadio Tomaselli, aged 27, who arrived in America from Pellizzano, Austria, in 1909
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Tomaselli (post 1700)
- Ross Tomaselli (b. 1992), American soccer player
- Dante Tomaselli (b. 1969), Italian-American horror screenwriter, director, and score composer
- Fred Tomaselli (b. 1956), American painter
- Giuseppe "Joseph" Tomaselli (1758-1836), Italian court chapel singer and music teacher in Salzburg
- Sylvana Palma Tomaselli (b. 1957), birth name of Sylvana Palma Windsor, Countess of St Andrews, descendant of Giuseppe Tomaselli; Newfoundland-born wife of George, Earl of St Andrews
- Ignaz Tomaselli (1812-1862), Viennese comedian and singer, son of Giuseppe Tomaselli
- Franz Tomaselli (1801-1846), Viennese actor and comedian in Vienna, son of Giuseppe Tomaselli