Tejada History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The distinguished surname Tejada comes from Spain, a country rich in culture and history. The original bearer of the name Tejada, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. The name Tejada is the name of various villages and towns in the province of Burgos and in Huelva. This place-name is derived from the Spanish word teja, which means roof tile or lime tree.
Early Origins of the Tejada family
The surname Tejada was first found in Castile, in north central Spain.
Important Dates for the Tejada family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tejada research. Another 122 words (9 lines of text) covering the year 1175 is included under the topic Early Tejada History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Tejada Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tejada, de Tejada, Tejeda, de Tejeda, Tejado, Tejero, Tejera, Tejadillo, de Tejadillo, Tejería, Tejeria, Tejerina, Teja, de la Teja, Tejas, Texas, Tejo, Tejón, Tejon, Texada, Texado, Texero, Texera, Texeda, Tajada, de Tajada, Tajado, Tajero, Tajera and many more.
Early Notables of the Tejada family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Tejada Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Tejada migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Tejada Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Tejada Settlers in United States in the 16th Century
- Esteban de Tejada, who sailed to America in 1512
Tejada Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Esteban De Tejada, who arrived in America in 1812 
- Isidera Tejada, aged 34, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1829 
- Massinta Tejada, aged 22, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1829 
- Y Tejada, aged 23, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1838 
- Leonardo De Tejada, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1878 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Tejada (post 1700)
- Leon Tejada, American Democrat politician, Elected Rhode Island State House of Representatives 11th District 2002
- J. Walter Tejada, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Virginia, 2004
- Justo Tejada Martínez (b. 1933), former Spanish footballer
- Wilfredo Aristides Tejada Andujar (b. 1962), Dominican Republic former Major League Baseball player
- José Luis Tejada Sorzano (1882-1938), Bolivian lawyer and politician
- Manuel Angel Tejada Medina (b. 1989), Peruvian footballer
- Lidia Gueiler Tejada (1921-2011), first female President of Bolivia
- Rubén Darío Tejada (b. 1989), Panamanian Major League Baseball player
- Luis García Meza Tejada (b. 1932), former Bolivian dictator
- Alberto Tejada Noriega (b. 1956), the incumbent Peruvian Minister of Health
- ... (Another 2 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)