Early Origins of the Stronach family
The surname Stronach was first found in Aberdeenshire
(Gaelic: Siorrachd Obar Dheathain), a historic county, and present day Council Area of Aberdeen, located in the Grampian region of northeastern Scotland
, where they held a family seat
in their territories. The Pictish influence on Scottish history diminished after Kenneth Macalpine became King of all Scotland
. But those east coast families still played an important role in government and were more accessible to Government than their western highland counterparts.
Early History of the Stronach family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Stronach research.Another 184 words (13 lines of text) covering the years 1447, 1524, 1574, 1745, and 1867 are included under the topic Early Stronach History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Stronach Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Stronach, Stronack, Strononch, Stronacht, Stronocht, Stranock and many more.
Early Notables of the Stronach family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Stronach Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Stronach family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: the name represented in many forms and recorded from the mid 17th century in the great migration from Europe. Migrants settled in the eastern seaboard from Newfoundland, to Maine, to Virginia, the Carolinas, and to the islands..
Contemporary Notables of the name Stronach (post 1700)
- Captain George Preston Stronach GC (1912-1999), British officer awarded the George Cross for heroism
- Frank Stronach (b. 1932), Austrian-born, Canadian billionaire founder and Chairman of Magna International, a global automotive empire and is one of the top horse owners and breeders in North America
- Belinda Caroline Stronach (b. 1966), Canadian businessperson, philanthropist, politician
- Dr. Beth Stronach, Faculty member at the Department of Biological Science, University of Pittsburgh
- David Stronach, renowned archeologist of ruins of Ancient Persia (modern-day Iran) and a professor at UC Berkeley