on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the French Segur family come from? What is the French Segur family crest and coat of arms? When did the Segur family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Segur family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ségur, Ségure, Ségurre, Ségour, Ségurres, Ségours, Ségurs, Ségoures, Seguer, Seguerre, Le Ségour, La Ségourre, Les Ségures and many more.
First found in Limousin, where this eminent family held a family seat since ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Segur research. Another 315 words (22 lines of text) covering the years 1242, 1453, 1718, 1783, 1804, 1808, 1809, 1811, 1819, and 1845 are included under the topic Early Segur History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Segur Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Segur Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- H. Segur settled in San Francisco in 1850
- L. G. Segur settled in San Francisco in 1852
- John Segur, who landed in Mississippi in 1875
- Anson G. P. Segur, American politician, Mayor of Dover, New Jersey, 1871-73
- Abel Segur, American politician, Member of West Virginia State House of Delegates from Wayne County, 1865
- Philippe-Paul de Ségur, French Divisional General during the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars from 1789 to 1815
- Louis-Philippe de Ségur, French Brigadier General during the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars from 1789 to 1815
- Luc Segur, Entrepreneur
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- de la Porte, A. Tresor Heraldique. Paris: F. Casterman, 1864. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Conrad, Glenn R. The First Families of Louisiana. Baton Rouge LA: Claitor's Publishing, 1970. Print.
The Segur Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Segur Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 9 December 2015 at 09:21.
on orders of $85 or more