Early Origins of the Santoni family
The surname Santoni was first found in Selkirk, where they held a family seat
in their territories. The Norman influence on Scottish history considerably influenced the crown and government in the period between King Malcolm Canmore (1058-1093) and King David (1124-1153). Many Norman nobles were either invited or escaped into Scotland
following the example of Margeret, wife of Malcolm Canmore, who actively recruited these Normans
to their court. Originally from the Castle ward at Roxburgh
, they were granted lands at Ashkirk, Selkirk by King William of Scotland
Early History of the Santoni family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Santoni research.Another 203 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1296, 1st , 1745, 1510, 1600, 1550 and 103b are included under the topic Early Santoni History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Santoni Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Sinton, Synton, Syntone, Syntune, Sintone, Sancton and many more.
Early Notables of the Santoni family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Santoni Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Santoni family to Ireland
Some of the Santoni family moved to Ireland
, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.Another 111 words (8 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Santoni family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Santoni Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Albert Santoni, aged 28, who landed in America from Tossoferrata, Italy, in 1910
- Carlo Santoni, aged 24, who emigrated to the United States from Molaggano, Italy, in 1910
- Attilio Santoni, aged 21, who emigrated to America from Guaritia, Italy, in 1913
- Bigino Santoni, aged 23, who landed in America from Chicti, Italy, in 1913
- Abranno Santoni, aged 24, who emigrated to the United States from Colonnella, Italy, in 1913
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Santoni (post 1700)
- Dante Santoni Jr. (b. 1960), American politician, Democratic member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Reni Santoni (b. 1939), American film, television and voice actor from New York City
- Joël Santoni (1943-2018), French film director and screenwriter
- Nicola Santoni (b. 1979), Italian former association football goalkeeper
- Elisa Santoni (b. 1987), Italian two-time gold, five-time silver and five-time bronze medalist rhythmic gymnast
- Rodrigo Santoni (b. 1981), Argentine footballer
- Carlos Vázquez Santoni, Puerto Rican engineer