on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Italian Rizo family come from? When did the Rizo family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Rizo family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rizzo, Ricci, Rizzi, Riccio, Rizza, Risso, Lo Riccio, Lo Rizzo, Lorizzo, La Riccia, La Rizza and many more.
First found in various parts of Italy including early references in Emilia-Romagna, Venice, Bologna as well as in Lombardy and Tuscany. This name comes from the Italian word "ricco" meaning "curly." The name most likely referred to someone with curly hair.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Rizo research. Another 25 words(2 lines of text) covering the years 1255, 1542, 1605, 1576, 1470, 1532, 1516, 1567, 1606, 1675, 1580, 1619, 1682, 1654, 1715, 1676, 1730, 1659, 1734, 1552 and 1610 are included under the topic Early Rizo History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 259 words(18 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Rizo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rizo Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Louis Rizo, aged 25, landed in New Orleans, La in 1829
- G Battista Rizo, aged 10, who settled in America from Nicosin, in 1896
- Francesco Rizo, aged 44, who emigrated to the United States from Genoa, in 1897
Rizo Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Concetta Rizo, aged 30, who landed in America from Palermo, in 1900
- Concella Rizo, aged 4, who emigrated to the United States from Romettie, in 1905
- Emanuele Rizo, aged 26, who settled in America from Rome, in 1906
- Federico Rizo, aged 17, who landed in America from Calascibetta, in 1906
- Carmelo Rizo, aged 42, who landed in America from S. Teresa, Italy, in 1907
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Battilana, Natale, Ed. Genealogie Dello Famiglie Nobili di Genova. Genova: Fratelli Pagano, 1825. Print.
- Colletta, John P. Finding Italian Roots The Complete Guide for Americans. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2003. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today, 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-0900455-209).
- Di Crollalanza, Goffredo. Enciclopedia araldico cavalleresca Prontuario nobiliare. Pisa: Presso La Direzione Del Giorale Araldica , 1878. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Bascapè, Giacomo and Marcello del Piazzo. Insegne e Simboli Araldica pubblica e privata medievale e moderna. Rome: 1983. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
This page was last modified on 12 June 2014 at 12:47.
on orders of $85 or more