Rimer History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Rimer family
The surname Rimer was first found in Austria, where this family name became a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. Chronicles first mention Johann Reimers of Bremen in 1293, Nokel Reimar of Eger, Bohemia, in 1350, and Hensl Raimer of Olmuetz. The oldest form of the name is "Reinmar" or "Reginmar," which meant literally "famous councillor." Always prominent in social affairs, the name became an integral part of that turbulent region as it emerged to form alliances with other families within the Feudal System and the nation.
Important Dates for the Rimer family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Rimer research. Another 182 words (13 lines of text) covering the years 1710, 1738, 1694, 1768, 1200 and 1260 are included under the topic Early Rimer History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Rimer Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Reimers, Reimer, Rimers, Rimer, Reymer, Reymers, Reimar, Reimars, Reimarus, Rheimer, Remer, Remers, Remmer, Remmers, Ramer, Ramers, Raimer, Raimers, Reinmar and many more.
Early Notables of the Rimer family (pre 1700)
During this period prominent bearers of the name Rimer were Herman Samuel Reimarus (1694-1768), a famous Hebrew scholar and Bible scholar, whose house in Hamburg was the centre of the highest culture. He founded many learned and artistic societies which had an enormous impact on the cultural life of Hamburg. His name was the Latin...
Another 54 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Rimer Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Rimer migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Rimer Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Rimer Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Friedrich August Rimer, who arrived in Desterro, Brazil in 1850 
- Carl Rimer, aged 19, who landed in New York, NY in 1880 
- Auguste Rimer, aged 20, who settled in America, in 1893
Rimer Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Edward Sherraid Rimer, aged 30, who immigrated to the United States, in 1908
Contemporary Notables of the name Rimer (post 1700)
- Sir Colin Percy Farquharson Rimer QC (b. 1944), English jurist, Judge of the English Court of Appeal (1994-2014)
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)