. They held a
in the barony of Reddick, slurred as in Berwick from Red Wick. The early pronunciation of the name was Rerrick, hence, Archdeacon Gilbert de Rerrick of Glasgow who was elected to Scottish Parliament in 1467. At this time the name took on the more modern spelling of Reddik, and John Reddik was chief of his name in 1599. He held a family seat at Barharrow.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Riddick research.Another 77 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 164 and 1646 are included under the topic Early Riddick History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
of this family name include: Reddick, Redick, Redicke, Riddock, Riddoch, Ridock, Riddick and many more.
The motto was originally a war cry or slogan. Mottoes first began to be shown with arms in the 14th and 15th centuries, but were not in general use until the 17th century. Thus the oldest coats of arms generally do not include a motto. Mottoes seldom form part of the grant of arms: Under most heraldic authorities, a motto is an optional component of the coat of arms, and can be added to or changed at will; many families have chosen not to display a motto.
Motto: Tu ne cede malis
Motto Translation: Yield not to misfortunes.