on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the Jewish Rathmann family come from? What is the Jewish Rathmann family crest and coat of arms? When did the Rathmann family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Rathmann family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rathmann Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Elis Rathmann, who arrived in America in 1844
- J W Rathmann, aged 31, landed in New York in 1849
- Wm Rathmann, who arrived in Texas in 1850-1906
- Val Rathmann, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1876
- John H Rathmann, aged 17, arrived in America in 1882
- Margaret Crosby "Peggy" Rathmann (b. 1953), American writer and illustrator best known for children's picture books
- James "Dick" Rathmann (1924-2000), American racecar driver, inducted into the West Coast Stock Car Hall of Fame, brother of Jim Rathmann
- George Blatz Rathmann (b. 1927), American chemist, biologist, pioneer in biotechnology who co-founded and served as the first CEO of Amgen, and later founded ICOS
- Royal Richard "Jim" Rathmann (1928-2011), American race car driver who won the Indianapolis 500 in 1960, inducted into the Motorsports Hall of Fame of America
- Oswald Rathmann (b. 1891), German road racing cyclist at the 1912 Summer Olympics
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
The Rathmann Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Rathmann Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 February 2015 at 14:16.
on orders of $85 or more