on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the German Peterman family come from? When did the Peterman family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Peterman family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Peter, Petter, Peeter, Peetter, Peater, Peatter, Peters, Petersen, Peer, Peers and many more.
First found in the Palatinate, where the name emerged in mediaeval times as one of the notable families of the region. From the 13th century the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Peterman research. Another 349 words (25 lines of text) covering the years 1790, 1747, 1784, 1615, 1676, 1624, 1677, 1779, 1827, 1819, 1864, 1856 and 1918 are included under the topic Early Peterman History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 205 words (15 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Peterman Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Peterman Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Peter Peterman, aged 25, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1748
- Johan Jacob Peterman, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1749
- Michael Peterman, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1750
- Henrietta Peterman, who landed in New York, NY in 1751
- Jacob Peterman, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1762
Peterman Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Andrew Peterman, who arrived in New York in 1836
- Sebastian Peterman, who landed in Arkansas in 1886
- Dan Peterman, American internationally known artist
- Matthew Peterman, American screenwriter and film
- Eric Peterman (b. 1986), American football wide receiver
- William David "Bill" Peterman (1921-1999), Major League Baseball catcher
- Frank Winton Peterman (b. 1962), Democratic politician
- Stephen Frederick Peterman (b. 1982), American football guard
- Melissa Margaret Peterman (b. 1971), American actress
- Roberta Peterman (b. 1930), birth name of Roberta Peters, the American coloratura soprano awarded the National Medal of Arts in 1998
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
- Steed, Henry Wickham . The Hapsburg Monarchy. London: Constable and Company, 1919. Print.
This page was last modified on 17 March 2015 at 18:26.
on orders of $85 or more