Persson History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The founding heritage of the Persson family is in the Anglo-Saxon culture that once dominated in Britain. The name Persson comes from when one of the family worked as a person who worked as the parson or clergyman. This individual probably lived or worked at the parsonage. 
Early Origins of the Persson family
The surname Persson was first found in Norfolk where Clemens filius Persone was listed in the Hundredorum Rolls of 1273.  Over in Somerset, William Parson and Isabel Parsones were both listed in Kirby's Quest as living 1 Edward III (in the first year of Edward III's reign.)  Roger le Persones was listed in the Assize Rolls of Staffordshire in 1323 and Alicia le Parsones was listed in the Subsidy Rolls of Worcester in 1327. 
"A striking example of a purely south of England name, not to be found in my list north of a line drawn west from The Wash. It is represented in most of the southern counties, but its great home is in Wilts, whilst it is also numerous in most of the counties around this centre, namely, in Somerset, Dorset, Hants, Oxfordshire, and Monmouthshire."  True to the quote, only one entry was found in the Yorkshire Poll Tax Rolls of 1379: Johannes Parsonson. 
Early History of the Persson family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Persson research. Another 61 words (4 lines of text) covering the years 1704 and 1731 are included under the topic Early Persson History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Persson Spelling Variations
The first dictionaries that appeared in the last few hundred years did much to standardize the English language. Before that time, spelling variations in names were a common occurrence. The language was changing, incorporating pieces of other languages, and the spelling of names changed with it. Persson has been spelled many different ways, including Parsons, Parson and others.
Early Notables of the Persson family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Persson Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Persson family to Ireland
Some of the Persson family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Another 44 words (3 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Persson migration to the United States +
Thousands of English families in this era began to emigrate the New World in search of land and freedom from religious and political persecution. Although the passage was expensive and the ships were dark, crowded, and unsafe, those who made the voyage safely were rewarded with opportunities unavailable to them in their homeland. Research into passenger and immigration lists has revealed some of the very first Perssons to arrive in North America:
Persson Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Lucas Persson, who arrived in Delaware in 1644 
- Pafvell Persson, who arrived in Delaware in 1655 
Persson Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Anders Peter Persson, aged 22, who landed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1848 
- Nils Persson, aged 29, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1850 
- Carl Persson, aged 17, who landed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1850 
- Gustaf Persson, aged 19, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1850 
- Isaac Persson, aged 26, who landed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1850 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Persson Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Per Johan Persson, who landed in Baltimore, Maryland in 1902 
Contemporary Notables of the name Persson (post 1700) +
- Peder Persson (1938-2018), Swedish footballer
- Karl Gunnar Persson (1943-2016), Scandinavian economic historian
- Joakim Persson (b. 1975), former Swedish footballer and coach
- Joachim Persson (b. 1983), Danish badminton player, currently the 3rd highest ranked singles player in Denmark
- Jörgen Persson (b. 1966), Swedish sixteen-time gold medalist table tennis player
- Hans Göran Persson (b. 1949), Swedish politician, Prime Minister of Sweden from 1996 to 2006
Historic Events for the Persson family +
- Mr. Ernst Ulrik Persson, aged 25, Swedish Third Class passenger from Stockholm, Uppland who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and survived in the sinking in life boat 15 
Related Stories +
- ^ Reaney, P.H and R.M. Wilson, A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X)
- ^ Bardsley, C.W, A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6)
- ^ Dickinson, F.H., Kirby's Quest for Somerset of 16th of Edward the 3rd London: Harrison and Sons, Printers in Ordinary to Her Majesty, St, Martin's Lane, 1889. Print.
- ^ Guppy, Henry Brougham, Homes of Family Names in Great Britain. 1890. Print.
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ Titanic Passenger List - Titanic Facts. (Retrieved 2016, July 13) . Retrieved from http://www.titanicfacts.net/titanic-passenger-list.html