Paur History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Origins Available: Dutch
Early Origins of the Paur family
The surname Paur was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Gelderland, (Guelders) an ancient province surrounding the town of Gelder. To the south of Friesland this province was originally in two parts north and south of the Rhine. In addition, the province is sub-divided into four towns, or quarters, Nijmegan, Arnhem, Zutphen and Roermond, each having unique rights and customs. Apeldoorn is a city of note. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Paur family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Paur research.Another 231 words (16 lines of text) covering the years 1815, 1848 and 1784 are included under the topic Early Paur History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Paur Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Pauw, Pauwe, Pauwes, Pauws, Paauw, Paauws, Pauwez, Pauwz, de Pauw, Paw, de Paw and many more.
Early Notables of the Paur family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Paur Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Paur family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Paur Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Anton Paur, aged 20, who landed in America, in 1896
Paur Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Paul Paur, aged 42, who emigrated to the United States, in 1904
- Vuchar Paur, aged 23, who settled in America from Sredice, Hungary, in 1907
- Emil Paur, aged 53, who landed in America from Berlin Germany, in 1908
- Dragica Paur, aged 17, who emigrated to the United States from Vukniavic, Hungary, in 1911
- Hans Paur, aged 41, who settled in America from Berlin, Germany, in 1923
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Paur (post 1700)
- Leonard Etienne De Paur (1914-1998), African American composer, choral director, and arts administrator
- Frank Paur, American Primetime Emmy Award winning television director of animated cartoons
- Emil Paur (1855-1932), Austrian orchestra conductor
- Jakub Paur (b. 1992), Slovak football midfielder
Paur Family Crest Products