Orren History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Orren family
The surname Orren was first found in Aberdeenshire (Gaelic: Siorrachd Obar Dheathain), a historic county, and present day Council Area of Aberdeen, located in the Grampian region of northeastern Scotland, where they held a family seat in their territories. The Pictish influence on Scottish history diminished after Kenneth Macalpine became King of all Scotland. But those east coast families still played an important role in government and were more accessible to Government than their western highland counterparts. Allegiances were important to Scottish middle age survival. Later they held a family seat in the parish Kennay and Henry Owrum was elected a councillor of Aberdeen in 1479.
Early History of the Orren family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Orren research. Another 93 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1633, 1694, 1722, 1725 and 1745 are included under the topic Early Orren History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Orren Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Orem, Orme, Orrem, Orum, Orun, Orumm, Oramm, Orunn, Orenn, Oren, Oram and many more.
Early Notables of the Orren family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Orren Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Orren migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Orren Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Mary J. Orren, aged 16, who arrived in America, in 1893
- John R. Orren, aged 54, who arrived in America, in 1894
- Lizzie Orren, aged 34, who arrived in America, in 1894
Orren Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Cornelius Orren, aged 43, who arrived in America from Antwerp, in 1906
- Frank Orren, aged 25, who arrived in America from Antwerp, in 1906
Contemporary Notables of the name Orren (post 1700) +
- Karen Orren (b. 1942), American political scientist
- Robert Orren, American Republican politician, Chair of Hempstead County Republican Party, 2003 
- Frank Orren Lowden (1861-1943), American Republican politician, Member of Republican National Committee from Illinois, 1904-12; U.S. Representative from Illinois 13th District, 1906-11; Governor of Illinois, 1917-21 
- Frank Orren Lowden (1861-1943), Republican Party politician, 25th Governor of Illinois, eponym of Lowden State Park
- Orren W. Bates, American Democratic Party politician, Member of Connecticut State House of Representatives from Sterling; Elected 1904
- Orren D. Casselman (b. 1862), Canadian merchant and politician in Ontario
- Orren C Hormell, professor of Government at Bowdoin College (1911-1953)
- Orren S. French, American politician, Prohibition Candidate for U.S. Representative from Maine 2nd District, 1900 
Related Stories +