on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: Danish, German, Norwegian, Scottish, Swedish
Where did the Danish Nielsen family come from? What is the Danish Nielsen family crest and coat of arms? When did the Nielsen family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Nielsen family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Nielsen Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jonas Nielsen, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1743
- Lorenz Nielsen, who arrived in New York, NY in 1754
Nielsen Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- N Nielsen, aged 12, landed in New York, NY in 1837
- Neils Tobias Nielsen, aged 7, landed in New York, NY in 1837
- Oele Nielsen, aged 13, landed in New York, NY in 1837
- P Nielsen, aged 5, landed in New York, NY in 1837
- Enig Nielsen, age 9, who arrived in New York in 1837
Nielsen Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Niels Christian Nielsen, who arrived in Colorado in 1906
- Halger Dines Harald Nielsen, who arrived in Alabama in 1925
Nielsen Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Niels Ingrord Nielsen, who landed in Halifax or New York in 1883
Nielsen Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Hans Nielsen, aged 33, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Halcione" in 1870
- Catherine Nielsen, aged 42, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Halcione" in 1870
- Lars Nielsen, aged 11, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Halcione" in 1870
- Marie Nielsen, aged 8, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Halcione" in 1870
- Karen Nielsen, aged 6, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Halcione" in 1870
- Alice Nielsen (1870-1943), American Broadway performer and operatic soprano
- Arthur Charles Nielsen Sr. (1897-1980), American market analyst, founder of ACNielsen company in 1923
- Dr. Jerri Lin Nielsen (1952-2009), American physician, Amundsen–Scott South Pole Station doctor in 1998
- Asta Sofie Amalie Nielsen (1881-1972), Danish actress
- Holger Bech Nielsen (b. 1941), Danish theoretical physicist, professor at the University of Copenhagen
- Jakob Nielsen (1890-1959), Danish mathematician
- Carl August Nielsen (1865-1931), Danish composer
- Connie Inge-Lise Nielsen (b. 1965), Danish actress
- Anders Peter Nielsen (1867-1950), Danish gold and three-time silver medalist shooter during the 1900 and 1920 games
- John Nielsen (b. 1946), Danish former footballer
- Descendants of Hans Jorgen Thomsen and Ane Kjerstine Ditlevsen of Kjes, Denmark by Frances Hansen Ehrig.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds. Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
The Nielsen Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Nielsen Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 November 2014 at 16:21.
on orders of $85 or more