on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: Danish, German, Norwegian, Scottish, Swedish
Where did the Danish Nielsen family come from? What is the Danish Nielsen family crest and coat of arms? When did the Nielsen family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Nielsen family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Nielsen Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jonas Nielsen, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1743
- Lorenz Nielsen, who arrived in New York, NY in 1754
Nielsen Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- N Nielsen, aged 12, landed in New York, NY in 1837
- Neils Tobias Nielsen, aged 7, landed in New York, NY in 1837
- Oele Nielsen, aged 13, landed in New York, NY in 1837
- P Nielsen, aged 5, landed in New York, NY in 1837
- Enig Nielsen, age 9, who arrived in New York in 1837
Nielsen Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Niels Christian Nielsen, who arrived in Colorado in 1906
- Halger Dines Harald Nielsen, who arrived in Alabama in 1925
Nielsen Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Niels Ingrord Nielsen, who landed in Halifax or New York in 1883
Nielsen Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Hans Nielsen, aged 33, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Halcione" in 1870
- Catherine Nielsen, aged 42, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Halcione" in 1870
- Lars Nielsen, aged 11, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Halcione" in 1870
- Marie Nielsen, aged 8, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Halcione" in 1870
- Karen Nielsen, aged 6, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Halcione" in 1870
- Dr. Jerri Lin Nielsen (1952-2009), American physician, Amundsen–Scott South Pole Station doctor in 1998
- Arthur Charles Nielsen Sr. (1897-1980), American market analyst, founder of ACNielsen company in 1923
- Alice Nielsen (1870-1943), American Broadway performer and operatic soprano
- Harald Ingemann Nielsen (1941-2015), Danish footballer
- Richard Møller "Ricardo" Nielsen (1937-2014), Danish football player and manager
- Holger Nielsen (1866-1955), Danish one time silver and two time bronze Olympic medalist for fencing and shooting during the 1896 games
- Kurt Nielsen (1930-2011), Danish tennis player, the only Danish tennis player ever to have played in a Men's Singles final in a Grand Slam tournament
- Kai Nielsen (b. 1926), Danish-born, Canada-based professor of philosophy at the University of Calgary
- Kai Nielsen (1882-1924), Danish sculptor
- Kay Rasmus Nielsen (1886-1957), Danish illustrator
- Descendants of Hans Jorgen Thomsen and Ane Kjerstine Ditlevsen of Kjes, Denmark by Frances Hansen Ehrig.
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
The Nielsen Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Nielsen Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 October 2015 at 15:15.
on orders of $85 or more