100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Spelling variations of this family name include: Moser, Mosier, Moeser, Moesier, Mosser, Mozer and others.
First found in Swabia, where the name became noted for its many branches within the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied and enrolled by the princes of the region. Chronicles first mention Rudolph in dem mose of Wuerttemberg in 1269, and Hainrich in dem Mos of Tyrol in 1379. In their later history the family became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as their influence grew.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Moser research. Another 361 words (26 lines of text) covering the years 1482, 1534, 1558, 1573, 1574, 1606, 1701, 1715, 1759, 1764, 1765, 1785, and 1818 are included under the topic Early Moser History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 57 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Moser Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Moser Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- William Moser, who landed in Maryland in 1668
- Ann Moser, who landed in Maryland in 1678
Moser Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Christian Moser, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1727
- Hans Moser, who came to Philadelphia in 1727
- Hans Moser, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1727
- Jost Moser, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1727
- Martin Moser, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1728
Moser Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Valentin Moser, who arrived in North America in 1838
- R Moser, who arrived in Valdivia, Chile in 1850
- Rheinhold Moser, who landed in Texas in 1850-1906
- Lawrence Moser, who landed in Somerset County, Pennsylvania in 1852
- Conrad Moser emigrated to Texas in 1852
Moser Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Jacob Moser, who arrived in Nova Scotia in 1749-1752
- Niclaus Moser, who landed in Canada in 1754
- Emanuel Moser, who landed in Nova Scotia in 1757
- Henrich Moser, who landed in Nova Scotia in 1757
- Judith Moser, who arrived in Nova Scotia in 1757
- Robert Bruce Moser (1916-2015), American photographer, a pioneer of underwater photography
- Neal Moser (b. 1943), American guitar luthier
- Edward W. Moser (1924-1976), American linguist
- George A. Moser, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Missouri, 1868
- George Moser, American politician, Socialist Labor Candidate for U.S. Representative from Missouri 10th District, 1920
- Fred J. Moser, American Democrat politician, Candidate for Wisconsin State Senate 23rd District, 1956; Member of Wisconsin State Assembly from Barron and Washburn counties; Elected 1964
- Frank O. Moser, American politician, Burgess of Wilson, Pennsylvania, 1954-56
- Dan Moser, American Libertarian politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Texas 16th District, 2000
- Charles Krath Moser (b. 1877), American politician, U.S. Consul in Aden, 1909-11; Colombo, 1911-14; Harbin, 1914-19; Tiflis, 1921
- Charles H. Moser, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Indiana, 1940
- A Family Letter: Written in Nineteen Thirty-Two by George Moser to his Nephew Arthur Moser by George Moser.
- Steed, Henry Wickham . The Hapsburg Monarchy. London: Constable and Company, 1919. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München, Battenberg: 1975. Print.
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Hildenbrand, A.M. Wappenfibel. Handbuch der Heraldik. Neustadt an der Aisch: 1970. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
The Moser Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Moser Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 11 February 2016 at 11:54.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!