Ming History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Ming family
The surname Ming was first found in Bedfordshire (Old English: Bedanfordscir), located in Southeast-central England, formerly part of the Anglo-Saxon kingdom of Mercia, where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the year 1202 when Minna held estates in that shire.
Important Dates for the Ming family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ming research. Another 193 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1327, 1492, 1st , 1609, 1642, 1665, 1455, 1487, 1094, 1184, 1558, 15b), 1625, 1666, 1599 and 1671 are included under the topic Early Ming History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ming Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Minn, Minns, Mynn, Mynns, Myn, Min, Mynne, Menne, Minnes, Ming, Ming, Mink, Menn, Mence, Minne, Meny, Mynne, Meene, Mean and many more.
Early Notables of the Ming family (pre 1700)
Another 27 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ming Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ming migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Ming Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Ming Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Thomas Ming, who landed in North Carolina in 1701 
- Kristoffel Ming, who landed in New York in 1709 
- Lorentz Ming, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1739 
- Marguerite Ming, who arrived in Baltimore, Maryland in 1763 
Contemporary Notables of the name Ming (post 1700)
- Ming Wai Kong O.B.E., (b. 1974), British Senior Lawyer for Government Legal Department, was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire on 29th December 2018 for services to Energy Policy 
- Ming Fay, American sculptor
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ "Birthday and New Year Honours Lists (1940 to 2019)." Issue 62507, 28 December 2018 | London Gazette, The Gazette, Dec. 2018, www.thegazette.co.uk/honours-lists