Mede History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Mede family
The surname Mede was first found in Somerset where they held a family seat from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
Important Dates for the Mede family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mede research. Another 87 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1172, 1630, 1699, 1673, 1754, 1720, 1415, 1475, 1459, 1460, 1458, 1459, 1461, 1462, 1468, 1469, 1586, 1639, 1613 and 1627 are included under the topic Early Mede History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mede Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Mead, Meade, Meades and others.
Early Notables of the Mede family (pre 1700)
Notables of this surname at this time include: Matthew Mead or Meade (1630?-1699), an English Independent minister; and his son Richard Mead (1673-1754), an English physician whose work, "A Short Discourse concerning Pestilential Contagion, and the Method to be used to prevent it" written in 1720 gave an important understanding of transmissible diseases.
Philip Mede or Meade, Meede, (c. 1415-1475) from Mede's Place in Somerset was a wealthy merchant in Bristol and was twice elected...
Another 73 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Mede Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Mede family to Ireland
Some of the Mede family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. More information about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mede migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Mede Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Mede Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- William Mede, who landed in Massachusetts in 1635 
- Marjory Mede, who arrived in Maryland in 1682 
- Jane Mede, who arrived in Maryland in 1683 
Contemporary Notables of the name Mede (post 1700)
- Petra Maria Mede (b. 1970), Swedish comedian, dancer, actress and television presenter
- Mede W. Shields, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Indiana, 1864 
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 25) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html