Krise History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The distinguished and ancient surname Krise means "maker of earthenware utensils, potter." It is likely that the progenitor of the name came from a family of potters.
Early Origins of the Krise family
The surname Krise was first found in Switzerland, where the young Krise family was gaining a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It held a family seat in the canton of Friburg. It later became more prominent as many branches of the same house acquired distant estates and branches, some in foreign countries, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society.
Important Dates for the Krise family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Krise research. Another 129 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1700 and 1755 are included under the topic Early Krise History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Krise Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kreisler, Krisler, Crysler, Chrysler, Creisler, Krysler and many more.
Early Notables of the Krise family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Krise Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Krise migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Krise Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Krise Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Henry Krise, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1765 
Krise Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Maria Krise, aged 17, who landed in America from Austria, in 1892
Krise Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Mrs. Philip Asa Krise, who immigrated to America, in 1907
- Philip Asa Krise, who landed in America, in 1907
- Ludwig Krise, aged 40, who immigrated to the United States from Vlusrus, Russia, in 1907
- Genofeva Krise, aged 39, who settled in America from Wein, Austria, in 1912
- Wilhelm Krise, aged 28, who immigrated to the United States, in 1924
Contemporary Notables of the name Krise (post 1700)
- P. A. Krise, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Virginia, 1888 
- Eurelia Krise, American politician, Prohibition Candidate for New York State Senate 16th District, 1922 
- Charles O. Krise, American Republican politician, Postmaster at Auburn, Indiana, 1930-35 (acting, 1930-31) 
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 6) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html