on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: Danish, German, Swedish
Where did the Swedish Johanson family come from? What is the Swedish Johanson family crest and coat of arms? When did the Johanson family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Johanson family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Johanson Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Peter Johanson, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1693
Johanson Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Pete Johanson, aged 20, arrived in Key West, Fla in 1837
- Hans Peter Johanson, who arrived in Mobile County, Ala in 1840
- Anders Johanson, aged 26, arrived in Boston, Massachusetts in 1848
- Daniel Johanson, aged 23, arrived in Boston, Massachusetts in 1848
- Gustaf A Johanson, aged 16, landed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1848
Johanson Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- August Johanson, who arrived in Mississippi in 1904
- Louis C. Johanson, American Democrat politician, Member of Pennsylvania State Senate 3rd District, 1965-66; Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Pennsylvania, 1972
- Emil O. Johanson, American politician, Prohibition Candidate for New York State Assembly from Kings County 1st District, 1900
- A. R. Johanson, American politician, Member of Minnesota State Senate 48th District
- John Peter Johanson, American sailor, Medal of Honor recipient
- Chris Johanson (b. 1968), American painter and street artist
- Bryan Johanson (b. 1951), American classical guitarist & composer
- Jai Johanny Johanson (b. 1944), American drummer and percussionist, one of the founding members of The Allman Brothers Band
- Donald Johanson (b. 1943), American paleoanthropologist, best known for discovering the fossil of a female hominid australopithecine known as "Lucy"
- Jay-Jay Johanson (b. 1969), Swedish musician, singer, songwriter
- Anton Johanson (1877-1952), Swedish footballer
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
The Johanson Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Johanson Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 December 2015 at 12:46.
on orders of $85 or more