on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: Danish
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Johanson Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Peter Johanson, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1693
Johanson Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Pete Johanson, aged 20, arrived in Key West, Fla in 1837
- Hans Peter Johanson, who arrived in Mobile County, Ala in 1840
- Anders Johanson, aged 26, arrived in Boston, Massachusetts in 1848
- Daniel Johanson, aged 23, arrived in Boston, Massachusetts in 1848
- Gustaf A Johanson, aged 16, landed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1848
Johanson Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- August Johanson, who arrived in Mississippi in 1904
- Louis C. Johanson, American Democrat politician, Member of Pennsylvania State Senate 3rd District, 1965-66; Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Pennsylvania, 1972
- Emil O. Johanson, American politician, Prohibition Candidate for New York State Assembly from Kings County 1st District, 1900
- A. R. Johanson, American politician, Member of Minnesota State Senate 48th District
- John Peter Johanson, American sailor, Medal of Honor recipient
- Chris Johanson (b. 1968), American painter and street artist
- Bryan Johanson (b. 1951), American classical guitarist & composer
- Jai Johanny Johanson (b. 1944), American drummer and percussionist, one of the founding members of The Allman Brothers Band
- Donald Johanson (b. 1943), American paleoanthropologist, best known for discovering the fossil of a female hominid australopithecine known as "Lucy"
- Jay-Jay Johanson (b. 1969), Swedish musician, singer, songwriter
- Anton Johanson (1877-1952), Swedish footballer
- Mr. John Johanson (1892-1917), Pilipino Assistant Stewart aboard the SS Curaca from Manila, Philippines who died in the Halifax Explosion on 6th December 1917
- Mr. Jakob Alfred Johanson (d. 1912), aged 34, Finnish Third Class passenger from Munsala who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking and was recovered by CS Mackay-Bennett
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
The Johanson Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Johanson Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 December 2015 at 12:46.
on orders of $85 or more