on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: Danish, German, Swedish
Where did the Swedish Johanson family come from? What is the Swedish Johanson family crest and coat of arms? When did the Johanson family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Johanson family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Johanson Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Peter Johanson, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1693
Johanson Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Pete Johanson, aged 20, arrived in Key West, Fla in 1837
- Hans Peter Johanson, who arrived in Mobile County, Ala in 1840
- Anders Johanson, aged 26, arrived in Boston, Massachusetts in 1848
- Daniel Johanson, aged 23, arrived in Boston, Massachusetts in 1848
- Gustaf A Johanson, aged 16, landed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1848
Johanson Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- August Johanson, who arrived in Mississippi in 1904
- Donald Johanson (b. 1943), American paleoanthropologist, best known for discovering the fossil of a female hominid australopithecine known as "Lucy"
- Jai Johanny Johanson (b. 1944), American drummer and percussionist, one of the founding members of The Allman Brothers Band
- Bryan Johanson (b. 1951), American classical guitarist & composer
- Chris Johanson (b. 1968), American painter and street artist
- John Peter Johanson, American sailor, Medal of Honor recipient
- Anton Johanson (1877-1952), Swedish footballer
- Jay-Jay Johanson (b. 1969), Swedish musician, singer, songwriter
- Arvid Helmer Johanson (b. 1929), Norwegian newspaper editor and politician
- Sue Johanson CM (b. 1930), born Susan Powell, Canadian writer, public speaker, registered nurse, sex educator
- Reg Johanson (b. 1968), Canadian composition and literature instructor, poet and essayist
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Hitching, F.K and S. Hitching. References to English Surnames in 1601-1602. Walton On Thames: 1910. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0181-3).
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds. Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Ingram, Rev. James. Translator Anglo-Saxon Chronicle 1823. Print.
The Johanson Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Johanson Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 November 2014 at 16:21.
on orders of $85 or more