on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: Danish
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Johanson Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Peter Johanson, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1693
Johanson Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Pete Johanson, aged 20, arrived in Key West, Fla in 1837
- Hans Peter Johanson, who arrived in Mobile County, Ala in 1840
- Anders Johanson, aged 26, arrived in Boston, Massachusetts in 1848
- Daniel Johanson, aged 23, arrived in Boston, Massachusetts in 1848
- Gustaf A Johanson, aged 16, landed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1848
Johanson Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- August Johanson, who arrived in Mississippi in 1904
- Louis C. Johanson, American Democrat politician, Member of Pennsylvania State Senate 3rd District, 1965-66; Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Pennsylvania, 1972
- Emil O. Johanson, American politician, Prohibition Candidate for New York State Assembly from Kings County 1st District, 1900
- A. R. Johanson, American politician, Member of Minnesota State Senate 48th District
- John Peter Johanson, American sailor, Medal of Honor recipient
- Chris Johanson (b. 1968), American painter and street artist
- Bryan Johanson (b. 1951), American classical guitarist & composer
- Jai Johanny Johanson (b. 1944), American drummer and percussionist, one of the founding members of The Allman Brothers Band
- Donald Johanson (b. 1943), American paleoanthropologist, best known for discovering the fossil of a female hominid australopithecine known as "Lucy"
- Jay-Jay Johanson (b. 1969), Swedish musician, singer, songwriter
- Anton Johanson (1877-1952), Swedish footballer
- Mr. John Johanson (1892-1917), Pilipino Assistant Stewart aboard the SS Curaca from Manila, Philippines who died in the Halifax Explosion on 6th December 1917
- Mr. Jakob Alfred Johanson (d. 1912), aged 34, Finnish Third Class passenger from Munsala who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking and was recovered by CS Mackay-Bennett
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
The Johanson Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Johanson Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 December 2015 at 12:46.
on orders of $85 or more