on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Scottish Howson family come from? When did the Howson family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Howson family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Howison, Howieson, Howeson, Howyson, Howson and others.
First found in Midlothian, where they held a family seat from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Howson research. Another 229 words(16 lines of text) covering the years 1300, 1600, 1567, 1711, 1787, 1557, 1632, 1619 and 1628 are included under the topic Early Howson History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 29 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Howson Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Howson Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Peter Howson, aged 31, landed in America in 1634
- Eliz Howson, who arrived in Virginia in 1663
- Rich Howson, who arrived in Virginia in 1664
- Samuel Howson, who landed in Maryland in 1670
Howson Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- William Howson, aged 50, who emigrated to the United States from Doncaster, England, in 1893
- Henry Howson, aged 20, who settled in America from Leeds, in 1898
Howson Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- William Howson, aged 46, who landed in America from London, in 1904
- John Howson, aged 49, who emigrated to the United States from Harthill, Scotland, in 1907
- Anthony Howson, aged 23, who emigrated to the United States from Accrington, England, in 1907
- George Henry Howson, aged 27, who landed in America from High Shields, England, in 1909
- Wm. A. Howson, aged 41, who settled in America, in 1909
Howson Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Florence Howson, aged 62, who landed in St. Johns, Newfoundland, in 1907
- Nicholas C Howson J.D.,, American Assistant Professor of Law at the University of Michigan
- Peter Howson OBE (b. 1958), Scottish painter
- Colin Howson Ph.D.,, Chair in Philosophy of Science at the London School of Economics
- Peter Howson (1920-2009), Australian politician, Minister for Air (1964-1968), and Environment, Aborigines and the Arts (1971-1972)
- Jonathan Mark "Jonny" Howson (b. 1988), English footballer
- John Saul Howson (1816-1885), English divine
- Frank Michael Howson (b. 1952), Australian film director, producer and screenwriter
- Peter Howson CMG (1919-2009), Australian politician
- John Michael Howson OAM (b. 1936), Australian writer, reporter and entertainer
- Donald Scott Howson (b. 1960), Canadian retired NHL ice hockey player
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. Socts Heraldry A Practical Handbook on the Historical Principles and Modern Application of the Art of Science. London: Oliver and Boyd, 1934. Print.
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Barrow, G.W.S Ed. The Charters of David I The Written Acts of David I King of Scots, 1124-53 and of His Son Henry, Earl of Northumerland, 1139-52. Woodbridge: The Boydell Press, 1999. Print.
- Paul, Sir James Balfour. An Ordinary of Arms Contained in the Public Register of All Arms and Bearings in Scotland Second Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1903. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Scotch Irish Pioneers In Ulster and America. Montana: Kessinger Publishing. Print.
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
This page was last modified on 13 November 2014 at 16:22.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more