on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the English Hordern family come from? What is the English Hordern family crest and coat of arms? When did the Hordern family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Hordern family history?
The name Hordern, appeared in many references, and from time to time, the surname was spelt Hordern, Horden, Hordin, Hordon, Hordeyne, Hordiene, Hordierne, Orden and many more.
First found in Durham, where they held a family seat from ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hordern research. Another 323 words (23 lines of text) covering the years 1050, 1196, 1273, 1273, 1296, 1379 and 1696 are included under the topic Early Hordern History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 29 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Hordern Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hordern Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Mary Hordern arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Brothers" in 1850
- Peter M Hordern, member of the British Parliament
- Sir Michael Murray Hordern (1911-1995), British stage and screen actor knighted in 1983
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Library of Congress. American and English Genealogies in the Library of Congress. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1967. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
The Hordern Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Hordern Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 26 July 2013 at 13:40.
on orders of $85 or more