on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Hoon was first found in Bavaria
, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Hoop, Hoogh, Hooper, Hoopen, Hoopern, Hooperbusch, Hoopermann, Hop, Hope, Hopfer, Hood, Hooden and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hoon research. Another 160 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1789 and 1855 are included under the topic Early Hoon History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Hoon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hoon Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johanes Hoon, who came to Philadelphia in 1750
- Johannes Hoon, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1750
- Georg Friederich Hoon, who came to Pennsylvania in 1750
- Georg Friederich Hoon, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1750
- Hans Georg Hoon, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1750
Hoon Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Christian Frederick Hoon, who settled in Philadelphia in 1827
- Göbel, Otto. Niederdeutsche Familiennamen der Gegenwart Wolfshagen-Schäbentz. Franz: Westphal, 1936. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Tarneller, Josef. Zur Namenkunde Tirolen Familiennamen. Bozen: Buchhandlung, 1923. Print.
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
This page was last modified on 26 October 2013 at 14:59.
on orders of $85 or more