on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Hoon family come from? When did the Hoon family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Hoon family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Hoop, Hoogh, Hooper, Hoopen, Hoopern, Hooperbusch, Hoopermann, Hop, Hope, Hopfer, Hood, Hooden and many more.
First found in Bavaria, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hoon research. Another 160 words(11 lines of text) covering the years 1789 and 1855 are included under the topic Early Hoon History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Hoon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hoon Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johanes Hoon, who came to Philadelphia in 1750
- Johannes Hoon, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1750
- Georg Friederich Hoon, who came to Pennsylvania in 1750
- Georg Friederich Hoon, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1750
- Hans Georg Hoon, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1750
Hoon Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Christian Frederick Hoon, who settled in Philadelphia in 1827
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans and Edda Gentry. Translation Dictionary of German Names 2nd Edition. Madison: University of Wisconsin, 2002. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
This page was last modified on 26 October 2013 at 14:59.
on orders of $85 or more