on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Hauck family come from? What is the German Hauck family crest and coat of arms? When did the Hauck family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Hauck family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Haug, Hauge, Hauger, Haugen, Hauegern, Haugk, Hauhken, Haugoumar, Haugman, Haugwitz and many more.
First found in Bavaria, where the name Haug was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hauck research. Another 166 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1751 and 1779 are included under the topic Early Hauck History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Hauck Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hauck Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Anna Elisabetha Hauck, who settled in New York in 1710
- Johann Adam Hauck, who arrived in America in 1741
- Caspar Hauck, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1743
- Anna Christina Hauck, who came to Pennsylvania in 1749
- Blasius Hauck, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1749
Hauck Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Peter Hauck, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1829
- Siegfried Hauck, who arrived in New York in 1830
- Emanuel Hauck, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1834
- Nicholas Hauck, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1836
- John Nicholas Hauck, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1840
Hauck Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Friedrich Hauck, aged 20, landed in New York, NY in 1902
Hauck Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Mr. George Hauck U.E. who settled in Canada c. 1784
Hauck Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Adolph Hauck, who arrived in Quebec in 1851
Hauck Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Katharina Hauck, aged 2, landed in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1902
- Nicolaus Hauck, who arrived in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1902
- Amalia Mignon "Minnie" Hauck (1851-1929), American operatic soprano
- Cornelius Hauck (1893-1967), American businessman, civic leader, visionary, and a collector of rare books
- Timothy Christian Hauck (b. 1966), former American football defensive back in the NFL
- Frederick Hamilton "Rick" Hauck (b. 1941), former NASA Astronaut with 436 hours in space
- Bobby Hauck (b. 1964), American football head coach at the University of Montana
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
The Hauck Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Hauck Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 10 April 2015 at 08:03.
on orders of $85 or more