on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the Borderlands Gooch family come from? When did the Gooch family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Gooch family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Googh, Gouche, Gowk, Googe, Gooch, Gooche and others.
First found in Roxburghshire. One of the first records of the name was found in France eluding to its Norman heritage: Martin Gouge (c. 1360-1444), a French chancellor.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gooch research. Another 209 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1165, 1614, 1746, 1540, 1594, 1575, 1653, 1643, 1681, 1751, 1727, 1749, 1730, 1674, 1754, 1609 and 1681 are included under the topic Early Gooch History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 173 words (12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Gooch Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Gooch Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Mathew Gooch, aged 22, landed in Virginia in 1635
- Oplier Gooch, who landed in Virginia in 1651
- Xtopr Gooch, who landed in Virginia in 1651
- John Gooch, who arrived in New England in 1652
- Xpher Gooch, who arrived in Virginia in 1654
Gooch Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jane Gooch, who arrived in Virginia in 1701
Gooch Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- J S Gooch, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1851
Gooch Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- F Gooch, who arrived in St John, New Brunswick in 1907
Gooch Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- George Lonsdale Gooch, English convict from Surrey, who was transported aboard the "Albion" on May 17, 1823, settling in Van Diemen's Land, Australia
- Edward Gooch arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Tory" in 1851
- Robert Gooch, aged 15, arrived in South Australia in 1853 aboard the ship "Mary Green"
- Woolard Gooch, aged 26, a labourer, arrived in South Australia in 1853 aboard the ship "William Stuart"
Gooch Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Thomas Gooch, aged 36, a carpenter, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Eveline" in 1865
- Jane Gooch, aged 31, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Eveline" in 1865
- Thomas Gooch, aged 12, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Eveline" in 1865
- Jane Gooch, aged 9, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Eveline" in 1865
- Emily Gooch, aged 4, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Eveline" in 1865
- Frank Austen Gooch (1852-1929), American chemist and engineer, inventor of the Gooch crucible
- Dag Luther Gooch (b. 1970), American filmmaker, writer, musician
- Brad Gooch (b. 1952), American writer
- Sir Timothy Robert Sherlock Gooch (1934-2008), 13th Baronet
- Brigadier Sir Arthur Brian Sherlock Heywood Gooch (b. 1937), 14th Baronet, aide-de-camp to Queen Elizabeth II
- Sir John Sherlock Gooch (1930-1999), 12th Baronet
- Sir Robert Eric Sherlock Gooch KCVO DSO (1903-1978), 11th Baronet
- Sir Alfred Sherlock Gooch (1851-1899), 9th Baronet
- Sir Thomas Vere Sherlock Gooch (1881-1946), 10th Baronet
- Sir Francis Robert Sherlock Lambert Gooch (1850-1881), 8th Baronet
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
This page was last modified on 23 December 2015 at 21:12.
on orders of $85 or more