Garrido History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Garrido family
The surname Garrido was first found in Languedoc where they had been anciently seated in the seigneurie of d'Arreau, a village in the Hautes-Pyrénées in the arrondissement of Bagnères in the south-west of France.
Early History of the Garrido family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Garrido research. Another 81 words (6 lines of text) covering the year 1825 is included under the topic Early Garrido History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Garrido Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Garreau, Gareau, Garreault, Gareault, Garron, Garon, Garren, Garau, Garaud, Garaude, Garault, Garaut, Garot, Garoui, Garraud, Garrault, Garraut, Garrot, Garroui, Garriau, Garriaud, Garriot, Garro, Garros, Garroutte, Garrot, Garrow, Garrod, Garroux, Le Garreau, Legarreau, Le Gareau, Legareau, Le Garault, du Garreau and many more.
Early Notables of the Garrido family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Garrido Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Garrido migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Garrido Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Pedro Garrido, who arrived in America in 1810 
- Ramon Garrido, aged 39, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1826 
- Juan Garrido, who arrived in America in 1828 
- Fco Garrido, aged 37, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1831 
- Diego Garrido, who landed in Rio de Is Plata in 1835 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Garrido (post 1700) +
- Consuelo Garrido, who bears the title of Viscountess of Begijar since 1954
- Manuel Rivera Garrido (b. 1978), Peruvian footballer
- Raúl Hernández Garrido (b. 1964), Spanish playwright
- Luis Garrido, Honduran footballer
- Luis de Garrido (b. 1960), Spanish architect
- Javier Garrido (b. 1985), Spanish footballer
- Ignacio Garrido (b. 1972), Spanish professional golfer
- Carlos Rafael Uribazo Garrido (b. 1951), Cuban artist
- Antonio Garrido (b. 1932), former Portuguese football referee
- Antonio Garrido (b. 1944), Spanish professional golfer
- ... (Another 2 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)