100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: German
The distinguished surname Dominguez comes from Spain
, a country rich in culture and history. The earliest forms of hereditary surnames
were the patronymic
surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. Spanish patronymic names emerged as early as the mid-9th century and the most common patronymic suffix is ez.
The surname Dominguez was first found in Castile
, predominant among the Christian kingdoms of mediaeval Spain.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Domínguez, Dominguez, Domingues, Domingo, Dominguín and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dominguez research. Another 377 words (27 lines of text) covering the year 1110 is included under the topic Early Dominguez History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 70 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Dominguez Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Anton Dominguez, who came to Dominican Republic in 1536
- Aparicio Dominguez, who arrived in America in 1536
- Alonso Dominguez, who arrived in America in 1539
- Beatriz Dominguez, who came to New Granada in 1557
- Domingo Dominguez, who settled in Peru in 1579
Dominguez Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Agueda Dominguez, who arrived in New Orleans in 1778
- Barbara Dominguez, who arrived in Louisiana in 1778
- Diego Dominguez, who came to Missouri in 1792
Dominguez Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Leonor Dominguez, who landed in America in 1812
- Pero Dominguez, who arrived in America in 1814
- Hernan Dominguez, who arrived in America in 1816
- Bartolome Dominguez, who arrived in America in 1817
- Martin Dominguez, who landed in America in 1817
- Dr. Frank Domínguez, American university professor
- Francisco Serrano y Domínguez Duke de la Torre (1810-1885), Spanish marshal and statesman
- Adolfo Dominguez (b. 1950), Spanish fashion designer
- Pedro Mata Domínguez (1875-1946), Spanish poet and novelist
- Patrice Dominguez (1950-2015), French tennis player
- Mr. Manuel Dominguez (d. 1915), English 3rd Class passenger returning to England as a Ditressed British Seaman, who sailed aboard the RMS Lusitania and died in the sinking
- Rafael Hipólito Mejía Domínguez (b. 1941), Dominican politician, President of the Dominican Republic (2000 to 2004)
- María Alicia Domínguez, Argentine poet
- Manuel Domínguez, Paraguayan historian
- Ramón Becerra Domínguez (b. 1890), Colombian, romantic poet
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
The Dominguez Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Dominguez Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 18 December 2015 at 06:56.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!