on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: German, Spanish
Where did the Spanish Dominguez family come from? What is the Spanish Dominguez family crest and coat of arms? When did the Dominguez family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Dominguez family history?The distinguished surname Dominguez comes from Spain, a country rich in culture and history. The earliest forms of hereditary surnames in Spain were the patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. Spanish patronymic names emerged as early as the mid-9th century and the most common patronymic suffix is ez.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Domínguez, Dominguez, Domingues, Domingo, Dominguín and many more.
First found in Castile, predominant among the Christian kingdoms of mediaeval Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dominguez research. Another 377 words(27 lines of text) covering the year 1110 is included under the topic Early Dominguez History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 70 words(5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Dominguez Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Anton Dominguez, who came to Dominican Republic in 1536
- Aparicio Dominguez, who arrived in America in 1536
- Alonso Dominguez, who arrived in America in 1539
- Beatriz Dominguez, who came to New Granada in 1557
- Domingo Dominguez, who settled in Peru in 1579
Dominguez Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Agueda Dominguez, who arrived in New Orleans in 1778
- Barbara Dominguez, who arrived in Louisiana in 1778
- Diego Dominguez, who came to Missouri in 1792
Dominguez Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Leonor Dominguez, who landed in America in 1812
- Pero Dominguez, who arrived in America in 1814
- Hernan Dominguez, who arrived in America in 1816
- Bartolome Dominguez, who arrived in America in 1817
- Martin Dominguez, who landed in America in 1817
- Dr. Frank Domínguez, American university professor
- Pedro Mata Domínguez (1875-1946), Spanish poet and novelist
- Adolfo Dominguez (b. 1950), Spanish fashion designer
- Francisco Serrano y Domínguez Duke de la Torre (1810-1885), Spanish marshal and statesman
- Ramón Becerra Domínguez (b. 1890), Colombian, romantic poet
- Manuel Domínguez, Paraguayan historian
- María Alicia Domínguez, Argentine poet
- Alejandro Damián Domínguez (b. 1981), Argentine football player
- Diego Dominguez (b. 1966), Argentine rugby player
- Alfonso Martínez Domínguez (1922-2002), Mexican politician, mayor of Mexico City 1970–1971
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
The Dominguez Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Dominguez Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 10 December 2014 at 10:08.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more