on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: German, Spanish
Where did the Spanish Dominguez family come from? What is the Spanish Dominguez family crest and coat of arms? When did the Dominguez family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Dominguez family history?The distinguished surname Dominguez comes from Spain, a country rich in culture and history. The earliest forms of hereditary surnames in Spain were the patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. Spanish patronymic names emerged as early as the mid-9th century and the most common patronymic suffix is ez.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Domínguez, Dominguez, Domingues, Domingo, Dominguín and many more.
First found in Castile, predominant among the Christian kingdoms of mediaeval Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dominguez research. Another 377 words (27 lines of text) covering the year 1110 is included under the topic Early Dominguez History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 70 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Dominguez Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Anton Dominguez, who came to Dominican Republic in 1536
- Aparicio Dominguez, who arrived in America in 1536
- Alonso Dominguez, who arrived in America in 1539
- Beatriz Dominguez, who came to New Granada in 1557
- Domingo Dominguez, who settled in Peru in 1579
Dominguez Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Agueda Dominguez, who arrived in New Orleans in 1778
- Barbara Dominguez, who arrived in Louisiana in 1778
- Diego Dominguez, who came to Missouri in 1792
Dominguez Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Leonor Dominguez, who landed in America in 1812
- Pero Dominguez, who arrived in America in 1814
- Hernan Dominguez, who arrived in America in 1816
- Bartolome Dominguez, who arrived in America in 1817
- Martin Dominguez, who landed in America in 1817
- Dr. Frank Domínguez, American university professor
- Francisco Serrano y Domínguez Duke de la Torre (1810-1885), Spanish marshal and statesman
- Adolfo Dominguez (b. 1950), Spanish fashion designer
- Pedro Mata Domínguez (1875-1946), Spanish poet and novelist
- Patrice Dominguez (1950-2015), French tennis player
- Mr. Manuel Dominguez (d. 1915), English 3rd Class passenger returning to England as a Ditressed British Seaman, who sailed aboard the RMS Lusitania and died in the sinking
- Rafael Hipólito Mejía Domínguez (b. 1941), Dominican politician, President of the Dominican Republic (2000 to 2004)
- María Alicia Domínguez, Argentine poet
- Manuel Domínguez, Paraguayan historian
- Ramón Becerra Domínguez (b. 1890), Colombian, romantic poet
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
The Dominguez Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Dominguez Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 17 November 2015 at 20:14.
on orders of $85 or more