Desimone History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The name Desimone originated from the personal name Simon, itself a derivative of the Hebrew name "Sim'on," from the verb "sama" meaning "to listen." Thus, the name Desimone means "God has listened," referring to the gratitude of the parents who, having wished for a child, had their prayers answered.
Early Origins of the Desimone family
The surname Desimone was first found in Trapani, anciently Drepanum, Sicily. Bearers of Desimone or one of its spelling variations have been found throughout southern Italy, but particularly on the island of Sicily, and in the region of Campania.
Important Dates for the Desimone family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Desimone research. Another 81 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1554, 1605, 1346, 1358, 1410, 1480, 1506, 1522, 1605, 1650 and 1710 are included under the topic Early Desimone History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Desimone Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Simone, Simonelli, Simonetti, Simoni, Simioni, Desimone and many more.
Early Notables of the Desimone family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of this surname in early times was Puccio di Simone ( fl. 1346-1358), an Italian Gothic painter, active in Florence; Francesco (Cicco) Simonetta (1410-1480), an Italian Renaissance statesman remembered for composing an...
Another 34 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Desimone Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Desimone migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Desimone Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Desimone Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Amalia DeSimone, a 19 year old girl who arrived in New York in 1888 on board the "SS Letimbro"
- Giuseppe DeSimone, who arrived in New York in 1882 onboard the Orsola
- Alfonso DeSimone, aged 33, who immigrated to America, in 1892
- Antonina Desimone, aged 7, who immigrated to the United States from Campagna, in 1892
Desimone Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Achille DeSimone, aged 23, who landed in America from Montalto Uffupo, in 1903
- Antonia DeSimone, aged 25, who settled in America from S. Meola, Caserta, Italy, in 1908
- Anna DeSimone, aged 17, who landed in America from Casalunovon, Napoli, in 1909
- Angela Desimone, aged 37, who immigrated to the United States from Castrogioda, Italy, in 1912
- Angelo DeSimone, aged 38, who settled in America from Castellucci, Italy, in 1913
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Desimone (post 1700)
- John J. DeSimone, American Democrat politician, Member of Rhode Island State House of Representatives 5th District; Elected 2002 
- Florie DeSimone, American Republican politician, Presidential Elector for Rhode Island, 1956 
- Louis Anthony DeSimone (b. 1922), American prelate of the Roman Catholic Church
- Joseph M. DeSimone (b. 1964), American chemical engineer
- Bob DeSimone (b. 1946), American actor
- Vincent J. DeSimone Jr. (1918-1979), American Chief of Detectives of Passaic County, New Jersey
- Paul DeSimone, Boston-based bodybuilder and filmmaker
- Tom DeSimone, American director, writer, producer and editor
- Philip DeSimone (b. 1987), American professional ice hockey centre
- Giovanni de Simone (1919-1985), birth name of Johnny Desmond, the American singer
You May Also Like
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2017, April 12) John DeSimone. Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2017, April 12) Florie DeSimone. Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html