on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Irish Conran family come from? When did the Conran family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Conran family history?O Conarain is the original Irish surname from which Conran is derived, and of which Condron is a popular, more modern variant.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Conran, Condron, Coneran, O'Conran, O'Coneran and others.
First found in Leinster, where the name was recorded as Conran, O'Conran, and O'Coneran in the 16th and 17th centuries. The place name Ballyconran in County Wexford indicates that the name may have been prominent and influential there at some point. In Ulster, there was a Coneran family listed in 1603, as coarbs of the "parish church of the Mill" in the barony of Tirkennedy, County Fermanagh. However, the name appears to have died out in that region.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Conran research. Another 49 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Conran History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Conran Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Conran Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Edward Conran, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1728
- Dennis Conran, who came to Philadelphia in 1746
- Dennis Conran, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1746
Conran Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Richard Conran, aged 25, arrived in Missouri in 1845
- John Conran, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County,Pennsylvania in 1848
- Michl Conran, aged 30, landed in New York in 1854
- Michael Conran, who landed in New York in 1854
- Kerry Scott Conran (b. 1964), American filmmaker
- Sir Terence Orby Conran (b. 1931), English designer, restaurateur, retailer and writer
- Tony Conran (b. 1931), Welsh poet
- Jasper Conran (b. 1959), English fashion designer
- MacLysaght, Edward. Irish Families Their Names, Arms and Origins 4th Edition. Dublin: Irish Academic, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-7165-2364-7).
- Vicars, Sir Arthur. Index to the Prerogative Wills of Ireland 1536-1810. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Grehan, Ida. Dictionary of Irish Family Names. Boulder: Roberts Rinehart, 1997. Print. (ISBN 1-57098-137-X).
- McDonnell, Frances. Emigrants from Ireland to America 1735-1743 A Transcription of the report of the Irish House of Commons into Enforced emigration to America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1331-5).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Hickey, D.J. and J.E. Doherty. A New Dictionary of Irish History form 1800 2nd Edition. Dublin: Gil & MacMillian, 2003. Print.
- O'Hart, John. Irish Pedigress 5th Edition in 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0737-4).
- Woulfe, Rev. Patrick. Irish Names and Surnames Collected and Edited with Explanatory and Historical Notes. Kansas City: Genealogical Foundation, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-940134-403).
This page was last modified on 23 July 2014 at 11:25.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more