on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the Irish Conran family come from? When did the Conran family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Conran family history?O Conarain is the original Irish surname from which Conran is derived, and of which Condron is a popular, more modern variant.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Conran, Condron, Coneran, O'Conran, O'Coneran and others.
First found in Leinster, where the name was recorded as Conran, O'Conran, and O'Coneran in the 16th and 17th centuries. The place name Ballyconran in County Wexford indicates that the name may have been prominent and influential there at some point. In Ulster, there was a Coneran family listed in 1603, as coarbs of the "parish church of the Mill" in the barony of Tirkennedy, County Fermanagh. However, the name appears to have died out in that region.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Conran research. Another 49 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Conran History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Conran Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Conran Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Edward Conran, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1728
- Dennis Conran, who came to Philadelphia in 1746
- Dennis Conran, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1746
Conran Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Richard Conran, aged 25, arrived in Missouri in 1845
- John Conran, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County,Pennsylvania in 1848
- Michl Conran, aged 30, landed in New York in 1854
- Michael Conran, who landed in New York in 1854
- Kerry Scott Conran (b. 1964), American filmmaker
- Tony Conran (b. 1931), Welsh poet
- Sir Terence Orby Conran (b. 1931), English designer, restaurateur, retailer and writer
- Jasper Conran (b. 1959), English fashion designer
- Kennedy, Patrick. Kennedy's Book of Arms. Canterbury: Achievements, 1967. Print.
- Sullivan, Sir Edward. The Book of Kells 3rd Edition. New York: Crescent Books, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-517-61987-3).
- Read, Charles Anderson. The Cabinet of Irish Literature Selections from the Works of the Chief Poets, Orators and Prose Writers of Ireland 4 Volumes. London: Blackie and Son, 1884. Print.
- Grehan, Ida. Dictionary of Irish Family Names. Boulder: Roberts Rinehart, 1997. Print. (ISBN 1-57098-137-X).
- Johnson, Daniel F. Irish Emigration to New England Through the Port of Saint John, New Brunswick Canada 1841-1849. Baltimore, Maryland: Clearfield, 1996. Print.
- Donovan, George Francis. The Pre-Revolutionary Irish in Massachusetts 1620-1775. Menasha, WI: Geroge Banta Publsihing Co., 1932. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
This page was last modified on 23 July 2014 at 11:25.
on orders of $85 or more