on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Carstarphen was first found in Midlothian
, where they held a family seat
in their territories. The Pictish influence on Scottish history diminished after Kenneth Macalpine became King of all Scotland
. But those east coast families still played an important role in government and were more accessible to Government than their western highland counterparts.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Corstophine, Carstarphen, Carstophine, Carstophene, Carstrphen, Corstophen and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Carstarphen research. Another 168 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1567, 1745, and 1767 are included under the topic Early Carstarphen History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Carstarphen Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Robert Corstorphen and his sons John and James, who all arrived in Virginia in 1746; and George Corstorphine, who came to Barbados between the years 1806-1834..
- N. B. Carstarphen, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Louisiana, 1952; Louisiana Democratic State Chair, 1955
- Moody David. Scottish Family History. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1994. Print. (ISBN 0806312688).
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Barrow, G.W.S Ed. Acts of Malcom IV 1153-65 Volume I Regesta Regum Scottorum 1153-1424. Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 1960. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Moncrieffe, Sir Ian of That Ilk and David Hicks. The Highland Clans The Dynastic Origins, Cheifs and Background of the Clans. New York: C.N. Potter, 1968. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Bain, Robert. The Clans and Tartans of Scotland. Glasgow & London: Collins, 1968. Print. (ISBN 000411117-6).
- Martine, Roddy, Roderick Martine and Don Pottinger. Scottish Clan and Family Names Their Arms, Origins and Tartans. Edinburgh: Mainstream, 1992. Print.
- Prebble, John. The Highland Clearances. London: Secker & Warburg, 1963. Print.
The Carstarphen Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Carstarphen Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 November 2015 at 10:25.
on orders of $85 or more