Boettcher History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Boettcher family
The surname Boettcher was first found in Brunswick, Lower Saxony, where the name Botticher contributed greatly to the development of an emerging dukedom which would later play a large role in the tribal and power struggles of the area. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in the local, social and political affairs.
Early History of the Boettcher family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Boettcher research. Another 98 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1717, 1682, 1719, 1815, 1870, 1760 and 1835 are included under the topic Early Boettcher History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Boettcher Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Boetticher, Bottcher, Boticher, Boettiger, Boettger, Bottikker, Botikker, Boticker and many more.
Early Notables of the Boettcher family (pre 1700)
Notables of the time included Johann Böttger (also Böttcher or Böttiger) (1682-1719), a German alchemist, known as the co-inventor of porcelain (China) in Meissen; Adolf Boettger (1815-1870) was...
Another 28 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Boettcher Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Boettcher is the 4,732nd most popular surname with an estimated 7,461 people with that name. 
Boettcher migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Boettcher Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- August Boettcher, who arrived in Texas in 1845 
- E Boettcher, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1850 
- Hans Boettcher, who arrived in New York in 1850 
- J A Boettcher, who arrived in Desterro, Brazil in 1850 
- Wilhelm Boettcher, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Boettcher (post 1700) +
- Champ Boettcher, American fullback in the National Football League
- Mike Boettcher, award winning American journalist and war correspondent
- Curt Boettcher (1944-1987), American singer, songwriter, musician and record producer
- Grit Boettcher (b. 1938), German actress
- Arthur Boettcher (1831-1889), German pathologist and anatomist
- Helena Boettcher, Polish luger
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)