Baltes History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The roots of the distinguished surname Baltes lie in Austria. The name derives itself from "Balthasar," the name of one of the three Magi who followed the star to Bethlehem, and was popular as both a first name and a family name during the 18th century.
Early Origins of the Baltes family
The surname Baltes was first found in Austria, where the name Baltheser was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area.The Baldus, Baldes and Baldes were originally pet forms of the variant Balthasar which was the local patron saint and were often found in Rhineland. 
Important Dates for the Baltes family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Baltes research. Another 113 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1659, 1630, 1663, 1656 and 1663 are included under the topic Early Baltes History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Baltes Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Baltzer, Balthasar, Balthezer, Balthesser, Ballthasar, Balthazar, Ballthezer, Balz (Pomerania), Baltzel and many more.
Early Notables of the Baltes family (pre 1700)
During this period prominent bearers of the name Baltes were Thomas Baltzar (1630-1663), a renowned violinist, who achieved fame in London. He was born at Lubeck and settled in England in 1656. "He was the first great violinist that had been heard in England at the time. At the Restoration he...
Another 50 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Baltes Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Baltes migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Baltes Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Baltes Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Jan Claesen Baltes, who arrived in Long Island in 1659 
Baltes Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Magdalena Baltes, who landed in North America in 1857 
- Lina Baltes, who landed in North America in 1881 
Contemporary Notables of the name Baltes (post 1700)
- Walter Frank Baltes, American Democrat politician, Postmaster at Tonawanda, New York, 1947 
- Baltes Pickel, American politician, Member of New Jersey State House of Assembly from Hunterdon County, 1867-68
You May Also Like
- ^ Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns.)Dictionary of German Names Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7)
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 14) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html