BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: Dutch, Swedish
Where did the Dutch Youngblood family come from? What is the Dutch Youngblood family crest and coat of arms? When did the Youngblood family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Youngblood family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Jongebloet, Jonckbloet, Youngblood, Yongblood, Yungblud, Jongerblood, Jongerbloed, Jungbluth, Jungblut, Jungbluth, Jongbluth and many more.
First found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Amsterdam, an ancient 13th century town held by the Lords of Amstel. Giesebrecht II built a castle there. Geisbrecht III built the dam to keep out the sea. It is first mentioned in charters of 1275 when Floris IV, the count of Holland granted its charter. It became a city of great mercantile wealth. It held great treasures of art. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Youngblood research. Another 269 words(19 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Youngblood History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Youngblood Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Youngblood Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- John Philip Youngblood, who arrived in Mississippi in 1852
- Gustav Youngblood, aged 42, who arrived in America, in 1896
- Chas Youngblood, who pioneered in Arkansas in 1898
Youngblood Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Francis J. Youngblood, aged 24, arriving in America, in 1904
- Josef Youngblood, aged 60, who arrived in America, in 1904
- Maria Youngblood, aged 57, who arrived in America, in 1904
- Frank Youngblood, aged 27, who emigrated to America, in 1907
- Ellen Youngblood, aged 20, who arrived in America, in 1916
- Betty Youngblood, President of Lake Superior State University (2002 to 2007)
- Gene Youngblood (b. 1942), American media art theorist
- Harold Francis Youngblood (1907-1983), American politician, U.S. Representative from Michigan
- Herbert Jackson "Jack" Youngblood III (b. 1950), American NFL football player, inductee into the NFL Hall of Fame
- Jay Youngblood (1955-1985), ring name of Steven Romero, American professional wrestler
- Joel Randolph Youngblood III (b. 1951), American Major League Baseball player
- Lonnie Youngblood (b. 1941), born Lonnie Thomas, American saxophonist and bandleader
- Mari Youngblood, born Mary Schreck, American soprano vocalist, wife of Thomas Youngblood
- Mary Youngblood, American Native American flutist
- Rosita C. Youngblood, American politician, member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives, 198th District
- Jeremiah Youngblood: A Genealogy by Dorothy Morris Quaife.
- Rudd-Pollard-Youngblood and Related Families by Margaret Rudd Youngblood.
- The Youngblood Family: Some Descendants of Three Generation by Reba Holmes Brown.
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Kapff, Rudolf. Schwäbische Geschlechtsnamen. Stuttgart: Verlag Silberburg, 1927. Print.
- Tarneller, Josef. Zur Namenkunde Tirolen Familiennamen. Bozen: Buchhandlung, 1923. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Swierenga, Robert P. Compiler Dutch Emigrant to the United State, South Africa, South America and Southeast Asia 1835-1880 An Alphabetical Listing by Househould Heads and Independent Persons. Wilmington, DE: Scholary Resources, 1983. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
The Youngblood Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Youngblood Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 7 December 2013 at 09:01.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is