BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the German Youd family come from? What is the German Youd family crest and coat of arms? When did the Youd family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Youd family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Uhden, Yewden, Youden, Yuden, Yudin, Uhdin, Youdin, Yewdin, Uhde, Youd, Yude, Yewd and many more.
First found in Prussia, where the name emerged in mediaeval times as one of the notable families of the region. From the 13th century the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation. In more recent years the family held a family seat in Berlin.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Youd research. Another 215 words(15 lines of text) covering the year 1871 is included under the topic Early Youd History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Youd Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Youd Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- F. M. Youd, aged 31, who arrived in America from London, in 1897
Youd Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Frederick Youd, aged 27, who arrived in America, in 1918
- Wilfred Youd, aged 25, who arrived in America, in 1918
- Sarah C. Youd, aged 66, who arrived in America from London, England, in 1919
- Theresa Youd, aged 35, who arrived in America from Blackburn, England, in 1921
- Ada Gertrude Youd, aged 28, who arrived in America from Egremont, England, in 1921
- T. Leslie Youd, American geotechnical engineer and earthquake engineer
- Sam Youd (1922-2012), known as Christopher Samuel Youd, a British writer, best known for science fiction under the pseudonym John Christopher
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
The Youd Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Youd Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 9 July 2014 at 15:12.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is