100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Spanish Ybarra family come from? What is the Spanish Ybarra family crest and coat of arms? When did the Ybarra family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Ybarra family history?The surname Ybarra is a Basque name, no doubt derived from any of the several place names in the region. The name comes from the word "ibar," which means "meadow."
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ibarra, Ibaretta, Ibarrieta, Ibarrae, Ybarra and others.
First found in Sopelana (Biscaye) on the coast of Northern Spain, in the Basque region.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ybarra research. Another 149 words(11 lines of text) covering the years 1557, 1589, 1609, 1628, 1772, 1785, 1603, 1609, 17, , 1638, 11, , 1690 and 1918 are included under the topic Early Ybarra History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 157 words(11 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ybarra Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ybarra Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Martin De Ybarra, who landed in America in 1826
- Gab Ybarra, aged 38, landed in New Orleans, La in 1830
- Ignacio Ybarra, aged 51, landed in New Orleans, La in 1831
- F A Ybarra, aged 24, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1831
- L Ybarra, aged 15, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1854
Ybarra Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Nicanov Ybarra, aged 11, who emigrated to the United States from Havana, in 1905
- Carlos Ybarra, aged 32, who landed in America from Buenos Aires, Argentina, in 1913
- Basilio Ybarra, aged 16, who emigrated to America from Pescaya, Spain, in 1914
- Josefa R. Ybarra, aged 18, who emigrated to the United States from Merida, Mexico, in 1915
- Elena Russel Ybarra, aged 59, who landed in America from Caracas, Venezuela, in 1917
- Jason Ryan Ybarra (b. 1976), American actor, stuntman, martial artist and professional independent wrestler
- Joe Ybarra (b. 1954), American who is one of the original game producers at Electronic Arts
- Rocío Ybarra (b. 1984), Spanish field hockey defender
- Rosario Ybarra (b. 1927), Mexican activist and prominent figure of the Politics of Mexico
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
The Ybarra Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Ybarra Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 22 August 2014 at 20:43.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!