100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Dutch Wyckoff family come from? What is the Dutch Wyckoff family crest and coat of arms? When did the Wyckoff family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Wyckoff family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Wyck, Wycke, Wijk, Wyckes, Wycks, Wyckez, Wyckz, Wyckk, van Wyck, van Wick, Wicke, Weick, Wieck and many more.
First found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Utrecht, a city and capital of the province of Utrecht. The ramparts of this ancient city were destroyed in 1830. The Domkerk (1254) is on the site of the original church of St. Willibrord in 720. In the crypt are the hearts of Conrad II (1039) and Henry V (1125) two German Emperors. The Museum is notable for its relics and artifacts. Its tumultuous history was strongly influenced by religious conflict. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Wyckoff research. Another 171 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1816, 1869, 1616, 1677, 1652 and 1702 are included under the topic Early Wyckoff History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 51 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Wyckoff Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Wyckoff Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Hendrick Pieterse Wyckoff, who came to New York, NY in 1675
Wyckoff Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- J. Wyckoff, who came to San Francisco in 1850
- C. Wyckoff, who settled in San Francisco in 1851
- E. Wyckoff, aged 25, who landed in America, in 1892
- E. Wyckoff, aged 25, who emigrated to the United States, in 1892
- Fk. Wyckoff, aged 40, who emigrated to the United States, in 1893
Wyckoff Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Alice Wyckoff, who landed in America, in 1904
- Alice Wyckoff, who settled in America, in 1904
- Annie Wyckoff, who landed in America, in 1905
- Clarence Wyckoff, aged 29, who emigrated to America, in 1905
- Clarence Wyckoff, aged 29, who landed in America, in 1905
- John Weldon Wyckoff (1892-1961), American Major League Baseball pitcher
- Charles Wales Wyckoff (1906-1998), American photographic innovator
- Brooke Wyckoff (b. 1980), American professional basketball player
- Clinton Randolph "Clint" Wyckoff (1874-1947), American football player
- Richard Demille Wyckoff (1873-1934), American stock market authority
- Ralph Walter Graystone Wyckoff Sr. (1897-1994), American scientist and pioneer of X-ray crystallography
- Charles Morford Wyckoff (1865-1926), American Democratic Party politician
- Pieter Claesen Wyckoff (1625-1694), German farmer and landowner in Kings County, New York
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Großes Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Jameson, John Franklin. Narratives of New Netherland 1609-1664. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1909. Print.
- De Amicis, Edmondo and Helen Zimmern. Holland. Philadelphia: Porter & Coates, 1894. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
The Wyckoff Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Wyckoff Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 18 September 2013 at 18:48.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!