100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2013
Where did the English Wrenn family come from? What is the English Wrenn family crest and coat of arms? When did the Wrenn family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Wrenn family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Wren, Wrenn and others.
First found in Durham where they held a family seat from early times, and were originally descended from Ralph de Raines who was granted lands by William, Duke of Albany in that shire. They were originally from Rennes in Normandy where they also held lands from their Lord, William de Aubigny of Belvoir.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Wrenn research. Another 153 words(11 lines of text) covering the years 1632, 1723, 1 CH, 1666, 1585, 1667, 1634, 1635 and 1638 are included under the topic Early Wrenn History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 117 words(8 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Wrenn Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Wrenn Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Thomas Wrenn who settled in Virginia in 1635
- Tho Wrenn, aged 20, arrived in Virginia in 1635
- Thomas Wrenn, who landed in Virginia in 1638
- Francis Wrenn settled in Virginia in 1650
- Fra Wrenn, who arrived in Virginia in 1650
Wrenn Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- H. L. Wrenn, aged 21, who settled in America, in 1893
Wrenn Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- H. B. Wrenn, aged 27, who landed in America, in 1906
- Ellen Wrenn, aged 20, who settled in America from Clonakilty, Ireland, in 1907
- Bridget Wrenn, aged 24, who emigrated to America from Tralee, Ireland, in 1909
- Bridget A. Wrenn, aged 19, who landed in America from Westhort, Ireland, in 1909
- Ellen Wrenn, aged 34, who landed in America from Skibberien, Ireland, in 1910
- Robert "Bob" Duffield Wrenn (1873-1925), left-handed American tennis player
- Robert Brenaman Wrenn Jr. (b. 1959), American sportscaster and golf course design consultant
- Heaton Luse Wrenn (1900-1978), American rugby union player
- Charles Leslie Wrenn (1895-1969), British scholar
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Virkus, Frederick A. Ed. Immigrant Ancestors A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America Before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1964. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
The Wrenn Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Wrenn Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 30 April 2013 at 09:58.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!