BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the English Whitefield family come from? What is the English Whitefield family crest and coat of arms? When did the Whitefield family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Whitefield family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Whytefield, Whitfield, Whitefield, Whitefeild and others.
First found in Northumberland where they held a family seat from ancient times, and were Lords of the manor of Whitfield in that shire.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Whitefield research. Another 237 words(17 lines of text) covering the years 1650, 1371, 1384, 1378, 1401, 1378 and 1401 are included under the topic Early Whitefield History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 53 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Whitefield Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Whitefield family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 45 words(3 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Whitefield Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Gilbert Whitefield, who landed in Virginia in 1634
- John Whitefield, who arrived in Dorchester, Massachusetts in 1634
- Richard Whitefield settled in Virginia in 1635
- Fasey Whitefield, who arrived in Maryland in 1672
- Richard Whitefield, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1683
- Edwin Whitefield (1816-1892), English-born American landscape artist
- George Whitefield (1714-1770), English evangelist who helped spread the Great Awakening in Britain, and the American colonies
- Karen Whitefield (b. 1970), Scottish Labour politician, Member of the Scottish Parliament for Airdrie and Shotts (1999-2011)
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
- Ingram, Rev. James. Translator Anglo-Saxon Chronicle 1823. Print.
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
The Whitefield Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Whitefield Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 17 June 2014 at 08:40.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is