100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the German Weidner family come from? What is the German Weidner family crest and coat of arms? When did the Weidner family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Weidner family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Weidner, Weedner, Wedener, Wiedener and others.
First found in Bavaria, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power. They held a family seat at Nuremburg.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Weidner research. Another 148 words(11 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Weidner History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Weidner Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Weidner Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Dichius Weidner, who settled there in 1729
- Hans Wilhelm Weidner, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1747
- Philip Jacob Weidner, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1751
- Henrich Weidner, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1752
- Christoph Weidner, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1753
Weidner Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Clara Weidner, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850
- Julius Weidner, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850
- Moritz Weidner, who landed in New York, NY in 1850
- Joseph Weidner, who landed in Indiana in 1852
- Mathias Weidner, who arrived in North America in 1863
Weidner Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Emil Weidner, aged 3, arrived in New York, NY in 1906
- Andreas Weidner, who landed in New York, NY in 1906
- Christian Weidner, aged 36, arrived in New York, NY in 1906
- Leontius Weidner, aged 11, arrived in New York, NY in 1906
- Otilia Weidner, aged 8, arrived in New York, NY in 1906
- Stephan Weidner (b. 1963), head of the German hard-rock band Böhse Onkelz
- Stephen Weidner, founder of Weidner Communications Inc. in 1977, one of the first computerized translation software systems
- Brant Weidner (b. 1960), former NBA player for the San Antonio Spurs
- Gabrielle Weidner (1914-1945), Belgian World War II heroine
- Johan Hendrik Weidner (1912-1994), Belgian World War II resistance fighter
- Heinrich Weidner, 1717-1792, Catharina Mull Weidner, 1733-1804: Through Four Generation by Anne Williams McAllister.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Tarneller, Josef. Zur Namenkunde Tirolen Familiennamen. Bozen: Buchhandlung, 1923. Print.
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Bahlow, Hans and Edda Gentry. Translation Dictionary of German Names 2nd Edition. Madison: University of Wisconsin, 2002. Print.
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München, Battenberg: 1975. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
The Weidner Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Weidner Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 17 June 2012 at 20:07.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!