BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: English, French
Where did the French Vincent family come from? What is the French Vincent family crest and coat of arms? When did the Vincent family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Vincent family history?The French name Vincent first arose during the Medieval period in the Languedoc region. It is derived from when the family having lived in the Languedoc area of France. However, the name Vincent could also be derived from the Old French personal name Vincent, meaning victor or conqueror.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Vincens, Vincense, Vinzens, Vincent, Vincenes, Vincennes, De Vinzens, De Vincent, De Vincente and many more.
First found in Languedoc, where this distinguished family held a family seat since ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Vincent research. Another 314 words(22 lines of text) covering the years 1200, 1667, 1700, and 1723 are included under the topic Early Vincent History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Vincent Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Vincent Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Sarah Allerton Vincent, who landed in Plymouth, Massachusetts in 1620
- William Vincent settled in Virginia in 1623
- Adrian Vincent settled in New England in 1633
- Adrian Vincent settled in Massachusetts in 1633-1634
- Adrian Vincent, who arrived in America in 1633
Vincent Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Francis Vincent, aged 56, landed in New York in 1719
- John Vincent settled in Maryland in 1726
- Louis Vincent, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1738
- Madeleine Vincent, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1753
- Francoise Vincent, who landed in South Carolina in 1756
Vincent Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Michael Vincent settled in New York in 1820
- Vicente Vincent, aged 50, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1830
- Charles Vincent settled in New York in 1832
- Joseas Vincent, who arrived in New York in 1834
- Ovid Vincent, who landed in New York in 1834
- Edward Vincent (b. 1934), American state Senator
- Francis Thomas Vincent Jr. (b. 1938), American businessman, national baseball commissioner (1989-1992)
- Jan-Michael Vincent (b. 1944), retired American actor, best known for his role as Stringfellow Hawke on the 1980s U.S. television series Airwolf (1984–1986)
- Cerina Vincent (b. 1979), American film actress and model
- Brigadier General Clinton D. Vincent (1914-1955), American flying ace
- Vinnie Vincent (b. 1952), born Vincent John Cusano, American guitarist and songwriter, former member in the band Kiss
- Stenio Joseph Vincent (1874-1959), Haitian politician and President of Haiti (1930-41)
- Charles Edward Howard Vincent (1849-1908), English politician
- Cyril Leverton Vincent (1902-1968), South African cricketer
- David Alexander Vincent (b. 1965), American musician, singer and bassist
- The Vincent Family: Descendants of Adrian Vincent by Anna M. Vincent.
- The Vincent Family Genealogy by Clyde W. and Ida C. Vincent.
- Vincent Family Records by Sheridan Eugene Vincent.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
The Vincent Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Vincent Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 August 2013 at 10:48.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is