100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2013
Where did the Spanish Villarreal family come from? What is the Spanish Villarreal family crest and coat of arms? When did the Villarreal family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Villarreal family history?Noble surnames, such as Villarreal, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the Spanish people. The original bearer of the name Villarreal, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Villarreal, de Villarreal, Villa Real, de Villa Real, Villareal and many more.
First found in Castile, in north central Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Villarreal research. Another 356 words(25 lines of text) covering the years 1231 and 1790 are included under the topic Early Villarreal History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 33 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Villarreal Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Juan de Villarreal sailed to America in 1513
- Martín de Villarreal sailed to America in 1528
- Lope de Villarreal sailed to New Spain in 1534
- María Villarreal Gutiérrez sailed to Hispaniola in 1535
Villarreal Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Luis De Villarreal, who arrived in America in 1812
- Juan De Villarreal, who arrived in America in 1813
- Teresa De Villarreal, who arrived in America in 1813
- Martin De Villarreal, who landed in America in 1828
- Lope De Villarreal, who landed in New Spain in 1834
- Óscar Eduardo Villarreal (b. 1981), American Major League Baseball relief pitcher
- Jose Villarreal (b. 1993), American soccer player who plays for Los Angeles Galaxy
- Michael U. "Mike" Villarreal (b. 1971), American politician, Member of the Texas House of Representatives (2003-)
- Federico Villarreal, Peruvian mathematician and engineer
- Rosalva Villarreal, county official, Zapata County, Texas
- Brayan Rene Villarreal (b. 1987), Venezuelan Major League Baseball pitcher for the Detroit Tigers
- Javier Alejandro Villarreal (b. 1979), Argentine football midfielder
- Raúl Vicente Villarreal (1909-1936), Argentine bronze medalist boxer at the 1936 Summer Olympics
- Martha Alicia Villarreal Esparza (b. 1971), Mexican Latin Grammy award-winning singer
- Heysi Villarreal (b. 1986), Cuban Olympic and national record holding swimmer at the 2008 Olympics
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
The Villarreal Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Villarreal Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 November 2013 at 14:19.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!