BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Spanish Urbina family come from? What is the Spanish Urbina family crest and coat of arms? When did the Urbina family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Urbina family history?The surname Urbina has its roots in Spain, and is of local or toponymic origin, being derived from a place name. In this case, it may be traced to a place called Urbina, in the judicial district of Vitoria, in the northern Basque province of Alava.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Urvina, Urbinas and others.
First found in the northern Basque province of Alava. The family was descended from the ancient line of "Señores de Vizacaya."
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Urbina research. Another 199 words(14 lines of text) covering the years 1613, 1682 and 1695 are included under the topic Early Urbina History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 65 words(5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Urbina Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Alonso De Urbina who emigrated to Cartagena in 1534
- Francisco De Urbina who settled in Peru in 1550
- Juan De Urbina who arrived in New Spain in 1567
- Catalina De Urbina who sailed for the Spanish Main in 1591
Urbina Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Rufina Urbina who emigrated to Puerto Rico in 1818
- Rufina Urbina, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1818-1826
- Trinidad Urbina, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1818
- Alonso De Urbina, who landed in Cartagena in 1834
- Francisco be Urbina, who arrived in Peru in 1850
- Ugueth Urbina (b. 1974), Venezuelan relief pitcher in American Major League Baseball
- Susana Urbina (b. 1946), Peruvian-American psychologist
- Abraham Alvarenga Urbina (b. 1974), Honduran lawyer and politician
- Jorge Urbina (b. 1946), Permanent Representative to the United Nations for Costa Rica
- María Lavalle Urbina (b. 1908), Mexican lawyer and politician, first female president of the Mexican Senate
- Marcos Urbina (b. 1985), Defender currently playing for the club Monarcas Morelia
- Oscar Urbina Ortega (b. 1947), Colombian prelate of the Roman Catholic Church
- Ricardo M. Urbina (b. 1946), United States District Court Judge in Washington, DC
- Ugueth Urbina (b. 1974), former relief pitcher in Major League Baseball
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
The Urbina Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Urbina Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 27 June 2014 at 09:15.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is