BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: Dutch, English
Where did the English Tye family come from? What is the English Tye family crest and coat of arms? When did the Tye family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Tye family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tye, Tee, Tyes, Tigh and others.
First found in Nottingham where they were known as the Barons Tyes and even before the Conquest were a family great significance in that shire and in the county of Rutland.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tye research. Another 299 words(21 lines of text) covering the years 1299, 1313, 1321, 1324, 1342, 1350, 1505, 1572, and 1620 are included under the topic Early Tye History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 57 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Tye Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Tye family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 132 words(9 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tye Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Richard Tye settled in Virginia in 1642
- Richard Tye, who arrived in Virginia in 1642
- Mary Tye, who landed in Virginia in 1661
- Margtt Tye, who arrived in Virginia in 1663
- Suan Tye, who landed in Virginia in 1663
Tye Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Nicholas Tye settled in Philadelphia in 1738
- Nicholas Tye, aged 24, landed in Pennsylvania in 1738
Tye Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Michael Tye, aged 25, arrived in St Louis, Missouri in 1839
- Jane Tye, who came to New York in 1861
- Colonel Tye (1753-1780), African-American slave, Loyalist leader in the American Revolution
- Michael Tye, American philosopher at the University of Texas
- Larry Tye, American non-fiction author and journalist, best known for his biography Satchel: The Life and Times of an American Legend
- Joe Tye, American businessman, CEO of Values Coach Inc
- John Tye (1848-1905), English cricketer
- Jame Tye, Director General British Safety Council
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
The Tye Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Tye Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 June 2013 at 15:10.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is