BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: Dutch, English
Where did the English Tye family come from? What is the English Tye family crest and coat of arms? When did the Tye family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Tye family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tye, Tee, Tyes, Tigh and others.
First found in Nottingham where they were known as the Barons Tyes and even before the Conquest were a family great significance in that shire and in the county of Rutland.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tye research. Another 299 words(21 lines of text) covering the years 1299, 1313, 1321, 1324, 1342, 1350, 1505, 1572, and 1620 are included under the topic Early Tye History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 57 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Tye Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Tye family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 132 words(9 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tye Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Richard Tye settled in Virginia in 1642
- Richard Tye, who arrived in Virginia in 1642
- Mary Tye, who landed in Virginia in 1661
- Margtt Tye, who arrived in Virginia in 1663
- Suan Tye, who landed in Virginia in 1663
Tye Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Nicholas Tye settled in Philadelphia in 1738
- Nicholas Tye, aged 24, landed in Pennsylvania in 1738
Tye Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Michael Tye, aged 25, arrived in St Louis, Missouri in 1839
- Jane Tye, who came to New York in 1861
- Colonel Tye (1753-1780), African-American slave, Loyalist leader in the American Revolution
- Michael Tye, American philosopher at the University of Texas
- Larry Tye, American non-fiction author and journalist, best known for his biography Satchel: The Life and Times of an American Legend
- Joe Tye, American businessman, CEO of Values Coach Inc
- John Tye (1848-1905), English cricketer
- Jame Tye, Director General British Safety Council
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Library of Congress. American and English Genealogies in the Library of Congress. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1967. Print.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
- Hitching, F.K and S. Hitching. References to English Surnames in 1601-1602. Walton On Thames: 1910. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0181-3).
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
The Tye Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Tye Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 June 2013 at 15:10.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is