BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Scottish Twyman family come from? What is the Scottish Twyman family crest and coat of arms? When did the Twyman family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Twyman family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Twynholm, Twynholme, Twinam, Twinham, Twinholm, Twinholme, Twynham, Twynam, Twynhome, Twinhome, Twynhom, Twyinholm, Twyinholme, Twyinham, Twynnam, Twinnham, Twinnholm, Twinnham, Twinnhome, Twinnin, Twinnan and many more.
First found in Kirkcudbrightshire (Gaelic: Siorrachd Chille Chuithbheirt), part of the present day Council Area of Dumfries and Galloway, former county in Southwestern Scotland, where they held a family seat from very ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Twyman research. Another 149 words(11 lines of text) covering the years 1270, 1296, 1329, 1748, and 1800 are included under the topic Early Twyman History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Twyman Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Twyman Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Arthur Twyman, aged 28, who emigrated to the United States, in 1895
Twyman Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Frank Twyman, aged 36, who landed in America from London, England, in 1913
- Harriet Twyman, aged 43, who settled in America from Whitstable, England, in 1916
- Joseph Twyman, aged 23, who landed in America, in 1919
- Leonard Twyman, aged 26, who emigrated to the United States, in 1924
- Robert Twyman, aged 27, who settled in America, in 1924
- John Kennedy "Jack" Twyman (1934-2012), American professional basketball player, inductee into the Hall of Fame
- Robert Joseph Twyman (1897-1976), American politician, U.S. Representative from Illinois
- Luska J. Twyman (1913-1988), American politician, Kentucky's first African American mayor in 1968
- Michael Twyman (b. 1934), English Professor Emeritus of the Department of Typography & Graphic Communication at the University of Reading
- Scarlett, James D. Tartan The Highland Textile. London: Shepheard-Walwyn, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0-85683-120-4).
- Adam, Frank. Clans Septs and Regiments of the Scottish Highlands 8th Edition. London: Bacon (G.W.) & Co, 1970. Print. (ISBN 10-0717945006).
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Paul, Sir James Balfour. An Ordinary of Arms Contained in the Public Register of All Arms and Bearings in Scotland Second Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1903. Print.
- Dorward, David. Scottish Surnames. Glasgow: Harper Collins, 1995. Print.
- Skene, William Forbes Edition. Chronicles of the Picts, Chronicles of the Scots and Other Early Memorials of Scottish History. Edinburgh: H.M. General Register House, 1867. Print.
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Browne, James. The History of Scotland it's Highlands, Regiments and Clans 8 Volumes. Edinburgh: Francis A Niccolls & Co, 1909. Print.
- Moncrieffe, Sir Ian of That Ilk and Don Pottinger. Clan Map Scotland of Old. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1983. Print.
- Martine, Roddy, Roderick Martine and Don Pottinger. Scottish Clan and Family Names Their Arms, Origins and Tartans. Edinburgh: Mainstream, 1992. Print.
The Twyman Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Twyman Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 3 June 2012 at 10:54.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is