BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Irish Tumelty family come from? What is the Irish Tumelty family crest and coat of arms? When did the Tumelty family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Tumelty family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tumalty, Tomalty, McTumelty, McTomelty, Tumelty, Tomelty, Tumeltie, Tomeltie, Timothy, Tumilty, Tomilty, Tumbelty, Tombelty and many more.
First found in Roscommon (Irish: Ros Comáin) located in central Ireland in the province of Connacht, where they held a family seat as Chiefs of the Clann. Irish history was greatly influenced by the Norman invasion of 1172, and thereafter, the surnames of Irish Gaelic clanns and septs and many of the Norman families became almost indistinguishable. This Connacht family name was found later in Ulster in Monaghan and Down.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tumelty research. Another 226 words(16 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Tumelty History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Tumelty Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tumelty Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Marg. Tumelty, aged 18, who emigrated to the United States from Roscommon, in 1895
- Frances Tumelty, aged 23, who emigrated to the United States from Ballygar, Co. Galway, in 1898
Tumelty Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Thomas Tumelty, aged 22, who emigrated to the United States, in 1904
- Ellie Tumelty, aged 22, who settled in America, in 1905
- Katie Tumelty, aged 18, who emigrated to America from Crossmaglen Co., Ireland, in 1909
- Peter Tumelty, aged 31, who landed in America, in 1911
- John Tumelty, aged 23, who landed in America, in 1918
- Ryan Tumelty, Irish footballer who currently plays for Ards F.C
- Gemma Tumelty (b. 1980), English President of the National Union of Students of the United Kingdom
- Leyburn, James Graham. The Scotch-Irish A Social History. Chapel Hill: UNC Press, 1962. Print. (ISBN 0807842591).
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Grehan, Ida. Dictionary of Irish Family Names. Boulder: Roberts Rinehart, 1997. Print. (ISBN 1-57098-137-X).
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1992. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- O'Hart, John. Irish Pedigress 5th Edition in 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0737-4).
- Fitzgerald, Thomas W. Ireland and Her People A Library of Irish Biography 5 Volumes. Chicago: Fitzgerald. Print.
- Tepper, Michael Ed & Elizabeth P. Bentley Transcriber. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of Philadelphia 1800-1819. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1986. Print.
- McDonnell, Frances. Emigrants from Ireland to America 1735-1743 A Transcription of the report of the Irish House of Commons into Enforced emigration to America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1331-5).
The Tumelty Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Tumelty Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 January 2012 at 08:51.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is