BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the English Truscott family come from? What is the English Truscott family crest and coat of arms? When did the Truscott family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Truscott family history?The Truscott surname is a habitation name created from a place so named in the parish of St. Stephens, Cornwall. It comes from the Cornish words "dres," or "beyond" and "cuit," or "wood."
Spelling variations of this family name include: Truscott, Trescott, Truscoat, Truscotte and others.
First found in Staffordshire where they were Lords of the manor of Trescott from very ancient times. They were tenants recorded in the Domesday Book of 1086, and their estates from the King by the Canons of Wolverhampton.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Truscott research. Another 198 words(14 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Truscott History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 23 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Truscott Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Truscott Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- William Truscott, who settled in Alexandria Virginia in 1817
- William Truscott, aged 42, landed in Alexandria, Va in 1817
- Thomas Truscott, who came to Philadelphia in 1818
- Samuel Truscott, who arrived in Maryland in 1834
- John Truscott, who was naturalized in New York, NY in 1834
- Carl Truscott (b. 1957), former director of the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATF)
- Harold Truscott (1914-1992), English composer, pianist, broadcaster and writer about music
- Paul Truscott (b. 1986), English boxer
- Sir Francis W Truscott, Lord Mayor of London in 1879
- Sir Denis Truscott, Lord Mayor of London in 1957
- Mark Truscott (b. 1970), Canadian poet based in Toronto
- Keith William "Bluey" Truscott DFC & Bar (1916-1943), Royal Australian Air Force fighter ace with 20 confirmed victories and Australian rules footballer
- William John "Nipper" Truscott (1886-1966), Australian rules footballer
- Lucian King Truscott (1895-1965), US Army General, commander of the 3rd Infantry Division, during World War II, recipient of the Distinguished Service Cross, Army Distinguished Service Medal (2) and many more
- Steven Murray Truscott (b. 1945), Canadian farmer, originally convicted for murder, but acquitted 48 years later
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
The Truscott Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Truscott Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 26 January 2013 at 07:14.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is